Sign in to follow this  
Gregory Douglas

Anti-aliasing Problems (FSX native & AMD Radeon)

I use three monitors for my FSX-SE set-up. All three display VC view with the two outside monitors panned left and right respectively. This gives me nearly 180 degrees of VC view. The problem is I can’t get the native FSX SE anti-aliasing to work on those two undocked windows on the extra monitors. Is that even possible or is it a limitation of FSX SE?

I was hoping to have my graphics card do the anti-aliasing but I can’t get my Radeon RX 580 anti-aliasing to work. I have the latest Radeon drivers installed. I unchecked Anti-aliasing in FSX SE and selected "Override application settings" in the Radeon control panel's Anti-aliasing section but it's not working. Does anyone have any experience getting a Radeon card to do the anti-aliasing for FSX?

When I open up the Radeon control panel and click on the ? next to the various anti-alias settings, most of them say "Only affects DirectX 9 applications". I believe FSX SE uses DirectX 10. Do you think that's the reason my Radeon anti-aliasing settings aren't working?

Computer specs:
i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz
32 GB ram
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Do you have the DX10 preview checked or unchecked in your settings?

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

6 hours ago, charliearon said:

Do you have the DX10 preview checked or unchecked in your settings?

Yes, I have it checked. I also have DX10 Scenery Fixer installed.