Sign in to follow this  
TacomaSailor

Update completed - CTD during installation manager

The update completed successfully and eventually I saw the new Main Menu ... 

BUT got a big red warning message that the online connection was lost.  Used OOKLA to verify I had a 440 Mps connection.  Google and other online programs work fine

Quit to Desktop and restarted MSFS - When the program got to Installation Manager it hung for 5-minutes in Checking for Updates and then CTD

Restarted MSFS and the hang in Checking for Updated reoccurred with another CTD

Restarted MSFS and now it is hung in "Take the Pilot's Seat"  Task Manager shows MSFs is using 33% of the CPU and 95% of the GPU

Ten Minutes later I am now at the Main Menu and am able to FLY - with nothing in Community the plane on the runway appeared in less than 20-seconds - a big improvement!

Taxied to take off point and pressed ESC to check all the OPTIONS - am now back at screen with ACTIVITIES  / ASSISTANCE OPTIONS / GENERAL OPTIONS / CONTROL OPTIONS but cannot find a way to get back to the cockpit!

ESC does nothing and I can see the cockpit behind the options screen but How to Get There?

Turns out the new install/update put me in Windowed Mode - when I went to Full Screen I saw a RESUME option

Pressed RESUME and went to cockpit - within 10-seconds - BEFORE I touched any control CTD!!

Running Full Screen

Hope things stabilize in the future

Edited by TacomaSailor

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

The servers are slammed. I had a bunch of CTDs as well. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro