Sign in to follow this  
Julean

PMDG 747 and Firefighter p3dv5 Freeze

What to do?

P3d v5 totally freezes with firefighter p3dv5 and pmdg 747.  I have installed p3dv5 version of firefighter X .

Yours sincerely

Jens

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

Hello Jens,

I can't say that I have heard this before - is that only with the PMDG 747? What about default planes? What exactly happens in what sequence?

Most likely this is an issue with the payload stations of the plane, that FFX wants to update. Did you configure anything in FFX for that plane?

Unfortunately it has been months, if not years since I had the last support request about FFX. I will have to build a test environment first.

LORBY-SI

I will try these things you say. Maybe tomorrow... thank you for answering to quickly..

Jens

Jens Michlas
Denmark

I tried with the Hercules in the game.. at Flytampa LGAV airport. 

It hangs and the Microsoft wheel spins for a long time, and then the game avaits a new input, and when I press a button it repeats and the sim hangs again.

Jens

Jens Michlas
Denmark

Please make sure that the FFX Content Addon is properly linked to P3D.

P3D Top menu -> Options -> Add-ons -> Lorby-SI FireFighter X 

must be ENABLED.

LORBY-SI

That helped.. 

Now it seems to be working... 

8.jpg

Now try flying... Thank you

Jens

Jens Michlas
Denmark

It worked but...I loaded fires and it killed the fps... I went from 19-20 to 5-6..

I will try go into tweaking and config. 

Or I think I need to wait for an upgrade for fire textures that don't take fps or wait for the MSFS version...  Because it would be awesome if I could get it to work.. 
Thank you for your help

Jens

Jens Michlas
Denmark

10 hours ago, Julean said:

I loaded fires and it killed the fps

Your fires are way too big. You can't run that many fires with a size of around 100, especially when your base FPS is only around 20. FFX requires a very powerful computer, even in basic operations. Using a complex airliner to fly will not really help either.

I suggest that you stick to the default parameters (3 fires with a max size of 30) and don't let them get out of hand (that is your job anyway...). You will find out soon enough how big the fires can get until your simulator is compromised.

Also, there is an option to use simpler fire effects on the first page of the app Settings.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

11 hours ago, Julean said:

Or I think I need to wait for an upgrade for fire textures that don't take fps

That is not why the FPS go down. It is the sheer amount of moving, semi-transparent parts in flames and smoke. Only way to improve that is to have less of them in the sim at the same time. Or make them look like "word not allowed" by dumbing them down.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI