Sign in to follow this  
Divij

MSFS Handcrafted Airports missing Taxi Signs

Hi,

Thank you for this incredible program. I have just started using this and it's made my life way easier for flight planning.

Using MSFS, I noticed a bug wherein Airports which are recently handcrafted in Asobo's World Updates seem to be missing Taxi signs in LittleNavMap. This issue seems to be there in the European regions mainly. Here are a list of the airports I had some trouble with:

EGGP

EGCB

EGHC

LFMN

EHRD

ESSA

KATL

There maybe a few more in the list of handcrafted airports where this issue persists.

Other than that, excellent job!

Yes I did reload the scenery library in LNM. 

EGGP isn't an airport that I downloaded and added to the community folder. I got MSFS recently and saw that as a part of World Update 3, Asobo had reworked EGGP. 

Strange. I would have sent a screenshot but I'm not being able to attach an image to this post. 

10 hours ago, Divij said:

EGGP isn't an airport that I downloaded and added to the community folder

Do you have a link to the airport if its free?

10 hours ago, Divij said:

Strange. I would have sent a screenshot but I'm not being able to attach an image to this post. 

Avsim does not allow direct image uploads like most other forums.
You have to upload the image to services like Postimages and then paste the direct link to the image into your post. The forum will automatically inline the image then.

Alex

Apologies for the delayed response. 

Don't have a link to the airport as it defaults with MSFS. Once you download World Update 3 it writes over the default MSFS EGGP I think. 

Probably an issue to resolve for Asobo rather than LNM.

Screenshot-5.png

Apologies once more for the delayed response but I noticed something else. I recently purchased EIDW from MK Studios from the MSFS Marketplace. This airport is installed in the OneStore folder as opposed to the Community folder.

The OneStore folder is where the other airports I mentioned earlier in the thread that were not displaying taxi signs are installed. (EGGP etc.)

EIDW too has problems in LNM. It displays incorrect taxi signs that are not there in the MK Studios EIDW. The MK Studios airport has correct updated taxi way signs but LNM displays the incorrect taxi signs that the default MSFS EIDW has.

Don't know what to make of it or how to try to fix it, but it seems like LNM is reading data from the base airports as opposed to the ones in the OneStore folder. 

Any clues on how I can attempt to fix this will be appreciated!  

Not sure if this helps or not, but I found that the airport taxiway signs that load correctly in LNM from the airports in the One Store Folder are titled [asobo-airport-klax-losangeles] etc. but the ones that do not load the taxi way signs are all [microsoft-airport-eggp-john-lennon] etc.

So basically all the airports that load taxiways in LNM correctly start with asobo in the name of the folder and the ones that don't start with microsoft. 

In their manifest.json files under 'Creator' it says Asobo & Microsoft respectively.

Will changing the name of the folder to asobo instead of microsoft and then reloading user scenery in LNM work to load the taxiways correctly?

1 hour ago, Divij said:

Will changing the name of the folder to asobo instead of microsoft and then reloading user scenery in LNM work to load the taxiways correctly?

Sorry, no. LNM does not look at path names for add-ons. It reads all manifest files and checks if there are BGL files referenced.