Sign in to follow this  
bobsleigh44

ATC just stops responding to any request

ATC just stops responding to any request except for 'radio check'. Although the audio of the co-pilot is when pressing 'say it', the words don't repeat in green. This happened every time I did a flight from KFJK to EGLL. I used time compression / ground speed compression. Could this be the cause of it? Because it's getting a bit strange now that every time this route ATC just stops working completely.

@Dave-Pilot2ATC

Edited by bobsleigh44

You may be out of range when over the ocean.  

The speeding up the SIM over the ocean shouldn't affect the calls.  The controller areas over the ocean are huge, so you would not get any frequency changes.  The program does not simulate trans oceanic calls at this point.

Once you get across the pond and within range of controllers on land, you should be able to make an initial call to a Center or Radar Controller and get the interactions going again.

Dave

Hi Dave. Sorry, I actually meant that this behavior occured at around the top of descent point, so it's definitely within the range of Heathrow Radar Controller (which I presume is what they call their approach). It just seems to suddenly go 'lame' at roughly the time the STAR is issued, at which point you can no longer talk to ATC and they don't give you any vectors to final approach (even though it was selected in the approach box and approach assignments are turned off). Is it possible to attach any P2A log files or something for you to have a look?

Edited by bobsleigh44

Hi Dave. I just reflew the same STAR and approach this time but from Paris CDG (so I didn't use time compression). This time, ATC continued to work. I also use Amazon Polly voices - perhaps during time compression the communications were so quick, added with the latency from an internet voice (to the point that they were cutting each other short) that the ATC code just went a bit haywire?

Edited by bobsleigh44

The problem is likely with the Polly Voices, not P2A.

Also, if you go higher that 8X on the time compression, that might cause problems.

Dave

@Dave-Pilot2ATC

This time I flew from Iceland to Heathrow, the same issue happened even without the use of time compression. The only thing in common each time has been the Manchester Center ATC. Each time P2A just seems to stop working right after the STAR is assigned by Manchester Center, at which point the yellow 'suggested text' for the automatic co-pilot readback appears, the voice is heard, but no green 'recognised' text appears for the co-pilot readback. At this point, pretty much every request to Manchester ATC stops working, and Manchester ATC does not give any further instructions as far as I remember. 

A re-connection and re-filing of flight plan fixes this (i.e. by saying 'without you at flight level XXX'), but it seems like a bit of an inelegant 'fix'...

Is it possible that something is just specifically wrong with Manchester Center ATC? I know it sounds a bit strange since in theory all the ATC is based on the same code, but what do you think?

Edited by bobsleigh44

If you email the log file from this flight to admin@pilot2atc.com I can have a look at what's going on.

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 
Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
Dave

Hi Dave,

I have had the same issue in my previous flights. If Im right it was LBWN (Varna). Here I was assigned to Approach and because I use the co-pilot change freq. option, the co pilot change the frequency for me. After that no more feedback from ATC via voice input. After release the PTT button there is no "tone" hearable which came normally if voice was recognized. At Varna I have more than one Approach frequencies. I have to switch back an forth the frequencies which means, switching   to the 2nd and back to the assigned one to get back voice recognization. In case the ATC didn't response by voice input, the sayit is working without problems.

I'm using x-atc-chatter files which I have defined in P2A. Could this be the reason? Did @bobsleigh44 using ATC-Chatter too?

I found that chatter files are played without taking care of the delays I have defined in P2A. So if I request something, I get an replay from P2A but I didn't have the chance to readback because the chatter files are played directly after P2A give me instructions. Maybe there is a connection between the reported issue?

Kind Regards
Peter

Windows: Microsoft Windows (R) 10 Pro, Hardware:  Intel i9-10900K,  32GB DDR4 Ram,  GTX 1080,  SSD M2 512GB (System),  SSD M2 1TB (Data), 
Software:  X-Plane 11.51, Pilot2ATC v2.6.2.3_r2, MSFS2020