Sign in to follow this  
Alvaro F

Set mic option?

How to set the open mic option in the new interface, also there's a lot of words the system doesn't recognize, even if I talk slow example: I said brake fans on and they heard brake fans off

You can activate 'open mic' mode by selecting the the empty/blank line for the hotkey assignment.

The 'blank line' is the line of top of A in the drop down box.

Personally though, I'd stick with Push to talk mode.

For voice, make sure you run the Voice Training...  please read the Voice Control and Setup troubleshooting guide:

https://fs2crew.com/fs2crew-voice-control-setup-help/

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, krieke58 said:

Hello, is it possible to assign the PTT-key to a button on the joystick ?

You can do it through FSUIPC or using a 3rd party joystick to key program.

But there's a bug in MSFS Simconnect that prevents use from using joystick buttons directly.  We're hoping Asobo fixes it, because it worked in FSX and P3D.

If I set a key (R for example) to be the PTT button and map it in FSUIPC should the F/O still respond if I don't press the mapped R key. The R key works and I can see the light on the PTT icon but I don't want the FO attempting to do something when I'm talking to a controller on VATSIM.

Thanks ... Richard

Hi Richard,

If PTT is assigned to the R key, then unless you press and hold the R key, the speech recognition system won't detect anything.  

I would actually suggest having two separate buttons mapped:  One for online ATC, and one for FS2Crew.

However, you can do it the "old" FSX/P3D style FS2Crew way where the mic is always "open" (ie., continually listening), but we don't currently have Soft or Hard mute coded in due to our current joystick button limitations.  A true push to hold joystick button for Soft Mute may not be possible unless Asobo fixes Simconnect or unless you use FSUIPC.

Clear as mud?

I have a separate key set for ATC but if FS2Crew is open mike won't it try to pick up what I'm saying to ATC? I don't have to press the R key.  Right now if I don't have any keys pressed and say something like "Before Start Checklist" the FO will respond (if that is what he is expecting to hear).

The MSFS FS2Crew's are different from the old FSX/P3D ones.

By default, we're now using Push to Talk key to talk to the FO, etc.

But if no PTT key is selected, FS2Crew will run in "open mic" mode, and it will currently pick up everything you say (including anything you say to ATC) since there is currently no Soft or Hard Mute function.

That's why I personally suggest sticking with the PTT function for now when using on-line ATC.

Edited by byork

I I have a separate key set for ATC but if FS2Crew is open mike won't it try to pick up what I'm saying to ATC? I don't have to press the R key.  Right now if I don't have any keys pressed and say something like "Before Start Checklist" the FO will respond (if that is what he is expecting to hear).

I have it working now. I think I just need to completely get out of MSFS and FS2Crew.