Sign in to follow this  
transal1

PBE in the toolbar of MSFS2020 does not work

1 hour ago, byork said:

Right click on Command Center EXE anyway and select run as admin.

After I have de-installed and re-installed FS2Crew and FSUIPC as well the problem is still alive.

This time no .net exeption error!

BUT: FS2Crew CMD does not start automatically and the msfs2020 menu produces a red displayed message that the FS2Crew CMD is not running. Now inop. Probable exe.xml corruption problem.

-> when I now start the FS2CREW CMD manually (admin rights) and hit the lauch app button the message disappears and nothing else happens 😞

Edited by LH067U

Hard to guess, but I suggest starting fresh:

Clear PBE off your system entirely.

1. Uninstall Pushback Express.

2. Manually delete any left over Pushback Express files in Appdata should they somehow still exist.

3. Delete the EXE.xml file.

4. Delete FS2Crew Data Process in Community folder if it's still there.

5. Delete FS2Crew Command Center if it's still in your Community folder.

6.  Re-download Pushback Express via your account... some of the earlier versions had issues with the Command Center... current version is 2.2C.

When you run the PBE installer exe, an info screen will pop up and you can see the Version #.

7. You'll need to re-enable FSUIPC autosave to re-add FSUIPC to the EXE.xml (so FSUIPC auto starts).

Hopefully the clean install will sort your tool bar problems.

Remember, you can still start PBE via the desktop short cut as a backup, but the Command Center is better in my view.

Edited by byork

8 hours ago, byork said:

Hard to guess, but I suggest starting fresh:

Clear PBE off your system entirely.

1. Uninstall Pushback Express.

2. Manually delete any left over Pushback Express files in Appdata should they somehow still exist.

3. Delete the EXE.xml file.

4. Delete FS2Crew Data Process in Community folder if it's still there.

5. Delete FS2Crew Command Center if it's still in your Community folder.

6.  Re-download Pushback Express via your account... some of the earlier versions had issues with the Command Center... current version is 2.2C.

When you run the PBE installer exe, an info screen will pop up and you can see the Version #.

7. You'll need to re-enable FSUIPC autosave to re-add FSUIPC to the EXE.xml (so FSUIPC auto starts).

Hopefully the clean install will sort your tool bar problems.

Remember, you can still start PBE via the desktop short cut as a backup, but the Command Center is better in my view.

Did everything as instructed but it failed. Firstly the FS2Crew CMD hasn‘t start automatically. Secondly after manually starting nothing happened. Start via desktop shortcut works as it should be 🤷
Question: is it possible that the program fails because I use FBW32N dev version?

If you're using FS2Crew for the FBW, you need to use the Development version, not the stable one.

I think I may know your issue...

Are you in an Admin account?

I'm guessing not.  That may explain why the EXEs are not getting loaded.

Right click on the FS2Crew Command Center EXE and Pushback Express EXE and select "run as an administrator" in the Compatibility tab.

Both are located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\FS2Crew Command Center

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Pushback Express MSFS

I am always on admin rights when I use MSFS2020 and add-ons. I have deleted all regedit entries and all folders that have had a link to FS2Crew.

On my second SSD I have discovered an old FS2Crew version that maybe was in conflict to the new one. Unfortunately it was not listed in the windows app add-on list.

However. It works so far although FS2Crew CMD has to be started manually- but this is not a big deal.

Thank for your support and everything is a bit more realistic now.

Hello

disable run as administrator in the compatibility tab

on both exe:
FS2CrewCommandCenter.exe
Pushback Express_x64.exe

for me when installing the exe.xml file had an oblsolete GUID in the NTFS rights which was a problem.

so i restore my exe.xml file and everything works

sorry but i don't follow english

hope the google translation is working fine

Glad you got it sorted 😉

As mentioned numerous times, XML's are very delicate and easily corrupted.

If you delete your EXE.xml, FS2Crew will create a fresh new one that will be perfect.

But make a backup first in case you have other addons listed on it.  You'd need to add them.

Edited by byork

Hello

no precisely it is the exe.xml file which was created by PBE which was not valid, the ntfs rights were not good and an unknown GUID

I reinstalled my backup and the problem was solved

3 hours ago, ptimale said:

Hello

no precisely it is the exe.xml file which was created by PBE which was not valid, the ntfs rights were not good and an unknown GUID

I reinstalled my backup and the problem was solved

Hi,

The EXE.xml should inherit the read/write permissions of the parent folder.

It sounds like you have additional write restrictions placed on your AppData folder.

If you right click on your AppData folder, you can see the permissions.  I suspect you'll see that it is set to not allowed for writing.

It shouldn't be that way because AppData is meant to be a place where programs can easily write stuff (like config files).

It's not like the Program Files folder in that sense.  Generally that's not a place where Microsoft want us to save config files in.