Sign in to follow this  
757FO

VR Performance issue when in focus

hey guys, 

I am having a very strange issue when running in VR (Reverb G2). The moment the application is in focus, no matter whether I am in windows mode or full screen, I am having terrible stuttering/lagging and the moment I put P3D out of focus (clicking on the desktop or on my 2nd monitor, P3D runs smooth as silk. I tried everything I could think off, deleting shader files, starting with a default p3d.cfg, NVidia CP 3D app settings set to default, and a complete reinstall of P3D. Nothing works, I dont understand, I tried to google and cant find anything specific, has anyone seen this before? 

Thank you in advance for any tips!

John.

I had the same issue at one point. It isn't P3D or the reverb that is the problem. From memory it's windows and you have to turn off hardware accelerated GPU scheduling in the settings. There could be other another setting as well but I can't remember it at the moment.

11 hours ago, glider1 said:

I had the same issue at one point. It isn't P3D or the reverb that is the problem. From memory it's windows and you have to turn off hardware accelerated GPU scheduling in the settings. There could be other another setting as well but I can't remember it at the moment.

That was it! thank you so so much, this was driving me crazy! I dont remember why I turned this on, I vaguely recall reading something about boosting FS20 but I could be wrong, I am back in business thanks to you @Glider1, I owe you a few drinks 🙂

John

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 757FO said:

That was it! thank you so so much, this was driving me crazy! I dont remember why I turned this on, I vaguely recall reading something about boosting FS20 but I could be wrong, I am back in business thanks to you @Glider1, I owe you a few drinks 🙂

John

In addition to hardware accelerated gpu off, as stated above, make sure game mode and full screen optimization are off as well.

• Like 2