Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy Baron

How do replace my texture with the orginal from the DV Ds

I reduced the texture size and now I want to replace it with the orginal. Where on the FSX DVD's is the texture files. If I run repair will that repair all the files I reduced.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I reduced the texture size and now I want to replace it with>the orginal. Where on the FSX DVD's is the texture files. If>I run repair will that repair all the files I reduced.>>>>I would think that a 'repair' install would put all back to the way it was.

With the exception of the FSX.cfg. If you've made changes there, they stay there unless you delete or rename it. Also any saved profiles also don't get touched so you can still keep your alternate settings.Allcott

>>I reduced the texture size and now I want to replace it>with>>the orginal. Where on the FSX DVD's is the texture files. >If>>I run repair will that repair all the files I reduced.>>>>>>>>I would think that a 'repair' install would put all back to>the way it was.>I'm not so sure about that. I've had to do several "repairs" and I believe I still have my "reduced texures" and "modifiedtextures". If the "repair" doesn't look at actual file sizesand time/date stamps but only looks for the presence of a file,then a "repair" would not replace any textures with the defaults.I've not actually checked this out since doing "repairs" in thepast has caused a "reactivate" cycle after the "Error 1722" eventduring the "repair". Paul