Sign in to follow this  
jport1

Possible Conflict with FS2Crew and DeltaVA ACARS application

Hello again Bryan,

As you well know i have been using FS2 for many years now and for the past few years i have been using your latest builds for the PMDG NGXu (latest 1.9 build).  I use many addon applications with the NGXu but most important is your FS2.  Although I have approximately 10 other addons running in any given flight I have not had any issues until a recent advent with Delta VA's ACARS, FSUIPC monitoring of a number of LVARs, primarily from Dreamteams's GSX.  

The issue (keyboard, yoke lockups) occurs consistently when i arrive at the gate (end of flight) and issue the "Lights and Doors" for the FO to begin the termination flows and after the APU is on the bus, I cutoff the fuel for engine(s) shutdown.  I then initiate GSX "Request Deboarding" routine which begins.  It is at that point that my keyboard/yoke locks up and i am unable to toggle to other applications, enter commands, etc.   

This problem seemed to be associated with a recent build to our legacy ACARS application which now implemented its ability to read the GSX deboarding and baggage code, (start, stop, complete, etc.) and automatically close out the flight report and automatically upload it to our site (Delta Virtual Airlines, DVA - https://www.deltava.org) when the GSX routines are completed.  Actually, it is a nice functionality for our VA's ACARS application, IMHO.

I suspected the DVA ACARS as the culprit causing the lock ups and reached out to our developer, Luke Kolin to express my suspicion that the GSX integration from our app was causing my system lockups.  Why, because DVA ACARS was the only app that had recently been modified/updated and appeared coincident with my issues.  

So, I am referencing the thread between Luke and myself for further detail.  Luke suggested that i reach out to you to inquire as to what FSUIPC offsets you were using.  Anyway, you can peruse the thread here - https://www.deltava.org/thread.do?id=0x23a2b.  

I have done as Luke suggested to turn off FS2 during my next flight.  I did that and i had no issues with our ACARS locking my system.  As soon as I turned it back on, the conflict between the three, GSX, DVA ACARS and FS2Crew returned.  FYI, I noted that when these apps conflict, i get lockups of my Honeycomb yoke and/or my keyboard.  

Let me know what you think when you have a minute Bryan; much appreciated in advance!!

Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Thanks Bryan!  I will pass this on . . .

Hope all is well.

Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg