Sign in to follow this  
NicXGG

Niggling Issues

Hey Everyone,

I am loving the addition of this add on, it really helps in making the experience so much more real

I am however, having some persistent issues which I can't seem to work around. To date I have tried a reinstall. I have also trained my voice several times and played around with the CFG to make sure I have the settings correct.

My main problem is a lack of response from the AI when I answer a question or give a voice command. I can usually get around this by cancelling a checklist and then repeating the command. An example of this is when needing to do a flight control check. I will always have to cancel the checklist first prior to getting a response.

I am also having some problems with the below:

• TO Flaps setting. The FO/PM does not seem to set these or either does so incorrectly as the master caution will then go off.
  • When the cabin manager asks if they are clear to close, I give the command 'yes' but to date, it has never worked.

As above, overall this is a great addition to the sim. Are there any plans for us to be able to further customise the procedures etc? It would be great if we are able to control things at a more intricate level. An example of this would be having options to disable to FO/PM PA announcements and the automatic seatbelts on decent.

Hi Nick,

Make sure you're using the Dev Version.

FO will set the Takeoff flaps during his After Start flow.

Make sure you're hitting the necessary triggers for the After Start flow to trigger, and that is announcing the engine start as shown in the ASSIST panel.  Do engine 2 then 1.

FYI, you can also trigger the After Start flow manually.

V1.1 (not yet released) has full logging capability so you can easily see what's happening.

For "YES", do you see Yes in the Speech Detected field in the our panel?  Keep your eye on that.  Because it shows you what the system "hears".

Also, assuming your accent isn't too harsh and you're mic has no issues, you should be be getting speech accuracy over 90 percent.  At least I do.

Try deleting your Voice Profile, then re-training it again.

• Upvote 1

Hi Byork,

Thank-you for the reply. 

How can I download the DEV version? I can't seem to find this.

I have made sure I am hitting all the triggers, I have the CFG tweaked to start engine 1 before number 2. I will try removing this option in case this is the cause. 

'YES' is being displayed in both the prompt box and in the Green field, so the program is definitely hearing me, just not responding. There are no known issues with my mic, VATSIM hear me 5 by 5 when I transmit.

Nick

Hi Nick,

Please run the FBW aircraft installer (not FSCrew).

The FBW has a Config Panel where you can select Stable, Development or Experimental versions.

You need to download the Development version.

Stable version will not work properly (at least until they update it).

For cleared to close and "YES", which voice set are you using?

Do you hear a door closing sound?

Are you rapidly fast forwarding the time?

Hi Byork,

I am using the DEV version and this is downloaded via their installer. I have also tried the experimental version also. 

I am using the UK Female voice. This appears to work in as much as when they ask if they can start boarding and I say 'YES', she responds.

I do not hear a door closing no.

I may move the time by one or two minutes after the walk around but never anymore.

I had another flight today with the same issue.

I'm not sure if the latest update/s have broken the pack as, for me, it seems worse than ever now.