Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Sound level settings

Guys,I'm back from a self-induced exile from FSX (I've been racing GTR2 instead!).Now that I'm ready to give FSX a second try, I'm still stumped at where to set my sound levels at. I primarily fly just GA - can anyone give me a good starting point for where to set the sliders?Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Guys,>>I'm back from a self-induced exile from FSX (I've been racing>GTR2 instead!).>>Now that I'm ready to give FSX a second try, I'm still stumped>at where to set my sound levels at. I primarily fly just GA ->can anyone give me a good starting point for where to set the>sliders?>>Thanks!From the main menu, select settings and then "Sounds" on the far right.

Sorry if I confused you - I was looking for a subjective opinion as to where to set my sliders at (as FSX defaults all four of them to 50%).I should have clarified that I knew where the settings panel for the sounds already was! ;)

>Sorry if I confused you - I was looking for a subjective>opinion as to where to set my sliders at (as FSX defaults all>four of them to 50%).>>I should have clarified that I knew where the settings panel>for the sounds already was! ;)haha, I knew that answer was too easy!I've found that if you are playing multiplayer with voice, most of the sounds are a bit high. I tend to turn a lot of them down.

Hm that's kinda a loaded question because sound settings are all subjective imo. Plus they depend on what sound sets you use.Right now I have engines 40cockpit 50enviro 50voice 75but that changes from week to week...Oh yes..and I use FSX08 as my theme song. You should too as it's the best. :)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case