Sign in to follow this  
Rameyuk

"Below The Line" voice command difficulty

Is anyone having issues trying to call out "Below The Line" phrase into FS2Crew?

I keep saying the phrase, but it keeps on receiving my voice command as "Aligned".

I'm doing a lot of livestreaming with FS2Crew, and it just feels embarrassing to keep repeating "Below the Line" as clearly as I can over a dozen times only for it to receive as "Aligned" and nothing happens every single time.

Is there a quick override button that I can press when I'm stuck like this? If I press the kill switch, it would only reset the entire checklist, and when I call the same checklist again, it would stop at "down to the line", and it's waiting for me to say "below the line" and it keeps listening my phrase as "aligned" again. It makes it difficult to progress through the checklist.

Anyone have any ideas?

I sometimes get "aligned" too, and I'm a native English speaker.

We can adjust the weight of certain words in the grammar.  We'll try adjusting.

We can also make the phrase longer (even though it's not technically correct)... add an additional phrase option like: "Before Start Checklist Below the Line"... sometimes that can help,

If FS2Crew is using the Windows Speech-to-text recognition software. Perhaps it's the Windows itself that's causing the issue?

I guess I could try training myself using notepad and pressing Windows Key + H to start typing with my voice, and do a multiple times saying "Below the Line" and look at the typed text and I can adjust my own speech until it types the right phrase.

I wouldn't say to change the phrase if it's not technically correct. I think we need a override switch or something that allows FS2Crew to progress the checklist.

Perhaps something similar to the Manual Flow dropdown list. We could have a drop down menu for any phrase that we would have said with voice control. So if we're stuck with saying the correct phrase and the app doesn't register the command, we can open the dropdown menu, go to the phrase we would have said and click it, and the app will behave as if we're saying the correct command.

I mean, the info page already have all the phrases listed in there for us to refer to when we want to say the voice command. But I think by taking it a step further to make it into a drop down choice, it would also help to continue on progressing when our voice commands are not being registered.

Edited by Rameyuk

The problem is that "Below the line" can sound very similar to "Aligned".

I can see how the speech reco system could get confused.

Ensure that you over-enunciate "below the line".  Speak it in the clearest voice you can.  Don't slur it or it can sound like "Aligned" sorta if you say it a certain way.

I think it's better for me now. Probably either my computer has learned my phrases enough, or that I actually wear my headset properly this time. Previously I place my headset around my neck and pull the boom mike close to my mouth so that I can still hear the sounds coming from the speakers instead from my headset. But apparently that position isn't really good for voice recognition. After reviewing my livestream footage the sounds from the microphone doesn't sound as clear as I thought, and a lot of wind noise from my nose when I exhale.

So I wear my headset properly this time and I can hear my voice a lot cleaner and no wind noise. And the voice recognition works better now. Instead of saying "Below the line" a dozen times without getting it correct. Sometimes it can detect it straightaway, or even if it fails, only take one extra try to get it right. So it's all good. Thanks.

Hello, I am gonna share my experience on it, if this can help :

As a new FS2Crew for FBW A32NX user, I have had trouble starting the Before Start Checklist, the "Below the line" section.

As a non native english speaker, I immediately thought of a mispelling from myself (despite I never had any problem launching "below the line" in Prepar3D A320 Aerosoft FS2Crew that I used for more than 6 month).

So I thought about listening that sentence by the Google "text-to-speech" from google translation and trying to "imitate" and It immediately been recognized 😄

Edited by wattie60
forgot a word

Ahhhh this is not a phrase issue...  it is an issue. No matter now I say it it gets stuck.  It is very very frustrating and maybe .. just maybe with customers saying it is an issue you may want to look into it. 

Edited by waynecross