Sign in to follow this  
Axacuatl

Mounting plate for Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2

Hi, I have received my Fulcrum Yoke already a while ago, but due to various issues (SSD malfunctioned and I waited for warranty replacement for ages, etc.) and advice from my flight instructor to not mix real and virtual flight experiences too soon, I only turn to install it now. At this stage I would want to mount it on a Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2 (Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2 - game console accessories (Black, Stainless steel) : Amazon.de: PC & Video Games) but unfortunately the plate is just a bit too narrow to accommodate for the holes I should drill for my Fulcrum yoke. Does anybody know where I could purchase fitting mounting plates ? Or who would offer to produce such ? Ideally with the fitting holes pre-drilled, but in any case with the required size and mount for the Wheel Stand.

@Tutmeister: would possibly be an interesting after sales option for the Fulcrum web shop ? I am aware that you seem to have more than your hands full already, looking at the 'out of stock' sign on the website, but who knows, perhaps I am asking at exactly the right time to kick this side business off... 

Edited by Axacuatl

Perhaps Chris can create a plate for you but otherwise you might be able to have one created for you at a local workshop. The template that is supplied with the yoke might be useful for this. Alternatively you could create one yourself using a piece of MDF although it will make the whole 'contraption' bulkier and heavier.

Since I once contemplated buying a Wheel Stand Pro myself, do you think it is sturdy enough to take both the weight of the Fulcrum yoke and the force needed for full pitch?
I ask this because the Wheel Stand Pro is usually shown in advertisements with light budget yokes, and the Fulcrum is much heavier than these in both in weight and use.

Flightsim PC:
AMD 3900x (stock) with Scythe Mugen 5 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | 2x XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB Nvme SSD | Corsair RM850x PSU | Fractal Define 7 XL case
Output: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 Gsync | Logitech Z906 speakerset
Controllers: Wooting 2 keyboard | Logitech Mouse | Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL

It‘s exactly the one I have linked in my OP. Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2. 

In terms of sturdiness, that‘s a good question: I‘ll report once I have tried it :)

On the long run, I will likely mount it on the Yaw 2 motion rig (I am going to opt for the ugly yet sturdy aluminium cage instead of their sleek standard frame). 

But for the time being I want to use it with the Wheel Stand Pro so let‘s give it a try. 

@tutmeister in case you are interested/willing to consider to offer fitting mounts, I could offer to either send you photographs and measurements of the mount and plate, or even possibly send them over to you so you can prepare your optional plate with mount conveniently.

Otherwise I can of course check with some local work shop over here but I thought this may be interesting as an optional add on for Fulcrum, not just as a one off for me.

• Like 1

I believe Axacuatl is referencing the Wheel Stand Pro for Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System -Deluxe V2 as seen in this Wheel Stand Pro set up with Saitek Flight Yoke System - set up video

In terms of the upcoming Kickstarter Yaw 2 motion rig that will be seen, being demonstrated by the Yaw VR Team at next weeks Flight Sim Expo 2021 event in San Diego, USA and the October Yaw2 launch party event @HyperX ESports Arena in Las Vegas. Being another Kickstarter backer following the Yaw 2 progression from Day 1 of the Yaw 2 Kickstarter Campagin. I believe the Fulcrum Yoke should not have any issues in being able to mount to the included YAW 2 large, gaming plate for peripherals (such as joytsticks, steering wheels, shifters or hotas) as seen in these pre-set bolt mounting hole, cut outs in photos of the development prototype.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Upvote 1

Apologies for missing the original link. That happens when you are reading on your phone lol.

I agree about stability, I’d be concerned about the weight and forced required with a wheel stand pro and would be interested in your experiments with it. I know the deluxe is supposedly for heavier wheels but they aren’t pulled back hard.

You could get a piece of mdf and drill it then  attach it to the yoke then use wood screws and attach it to the wheel stand.

still trying to find a drawing for the plate of the v2

Wheel Stand Pro is a Polish company, they produce high quality steel wheel-stands that are manufactured in Poland and ship them around the world. They have a distributor that supplies the USA market.

If it's a concern over mounting plates. I would recommend contacting Wheel Stand Pro directly to make a request to them, about getting a special plate made up to accommodate the Fulcrum One Yoke.

If you provide them with the Fulcrum One Mounting Template found on the Support webpage. I'm sure that, they would be will more than willing to be able to create a specialized Other Upgrade Part, such as a special steel plate for mounting the Fulcrum One Yoke. Or they might suggest looking at their other Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2 SIM- Flight products such as Wheel Stand Pro for Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG™ and Saitek X-55, X52/Pro - Deluxe V2 which has a larger steel mounting plate than what's seen on the Amazon link webpage. Here's a video review of it.

Or the Super Wheel Stand Pro for Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG™, Saitek X-55, X52/Pro, X65 - Deluxe V2

The Deluxe V2 wheel stands are bigger than the original Wheel Stand design, these have been around for past 10+ years. The Deluxe V2's are heavier and sturdier with large rubber anti slip foot caps.

When fully kitted out with Flight Sim gear, I would not be too overly concerned about stability, or the weight of the Fulcrum yoke and the pulling force required for full pitch, when using one of the Flight Sim wheel stand pro deluxe V2 products.

As the stability and sturdiness of the wheel stand pro deluxe V2 is seen being demonstrated in these videos, which should alleviate any of these concerns.

• Upvote 1