Sign in to follow this  
Guest mjtibbs

Which slider affects quality of generic roads/farms/fields etc

Guest mjtibbs

Hi,Can someone please confirm which slider affects the quality of the generic roads & farms, fields etc in FSX.Is it the "Mesh Complexity" slider?if so, then is the "texture complexity" slider for the trees & 3D buildings textures?the reason I ask is because I want to have more detailed roads and take lesser quality out of the auto-gen (3d buildings) to help acheieve this, but im not sure exactly which sliders do which.i have seen some nice looking roads in screen shots, but mine always appear crappy, no matter how well "rendered" the fields are (i.e no blurries).thanks

>Hi,>>Can someone please confirm which slider affects the quality of>the generic roads & farms, fields etc in FSX.>>Is it the "Mesh Complexity" slider?>>if so, then is the "texture complexity" slider for the trees &>3D buildings textures?>>the reason I ask is because I want to have more detailed roads>and take lesser quality out of the auto-gen (3d buildings) to>help acheieve this, but im not sure exactly which sliders do>which.>>i have seen some nice looking roads in screen shots, but mine>always appear crappy, no matter how well "rendered" the fields>are (i.e no blurries).>>thanksFor this you want texture complexity. FSX textures are 1m so that is what you should set it to, barring any specific issue on your system like performance. Mesh complexity, has to do with detail in elevations like mountains.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest mjtibbs

thx for the reply.sorry I kind of screwed up my question.i know that mesh COMPLEXITY determines the detail of the terrain/valley etc, what I meant to say was, which slider (either mesh RESOLUTION or texture RESOLUTION) actually determines the quality of the textures on the ground.regarding your post, i take it texture resolution determines the quality of textures on the ground.... if so, then what does mesh RESOULTION do?thanks again

Guest mjtibbs

thanks for the info guysI got a new ATI X1650 PRO 512MB today and bumped up the texture res and #### what a difference.it looks awewsome.cheers!