Sign in to follow this  

MegaScenery Hawaii Fast Autogen?

Guest cit1991

I downloaded Megascenery Hawaii for FSX. First off it's beautiful. When I installed it, it messed with my graphics settings. A little annoying, but I guess it had to so I could see what I bought.But then I noticed that I could run autogen on high! Full autogen around Honolulu, tons of buildings, autogen houses, and nice palm trees...smooth as silk...locked at 30!... 1 meter resolution and everything, with clouds.Does anybody know why I can run so much stuff with the new kit, while I have to disable autogen entirely when I'm everywhere else?..unless I want 10 FPS.

I think..the Megascenery autogens are FS9 autogens than FSX autogens. Its a low resolution textures... I think. I maybe wrong. Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Could just be that there is so much water around HI that not as much autogen to process since you've only got a small area to deal with.Matt

Guest cit1991

I didnt exactly count them, but there are lots of buildings and autogen. Much more than I can get for the same framerate elsewhere.

The autogen with that pack is VERY sparse compared to the default scenery. Though the downtown area is prety dense, look at how few trees and houses you have compared to a default area.