Sign in to follow this  
BakarKaka

GPWS not giving out “Minimum” and “100 above” On MSFS a32NX

Hello! When I am landing the A320 flyby wire it does not give out the words “minimum” and “100 above”. I have only realized that on the gyroscope two M’s pop up on the bottom but I want it to say it to me.

Did you enter the information in PERF  in the approach phase ?

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

No difference, i get notifications about the alerts but no speech. Is everything on the panel neccesary? Only put in the orange areas.

you have to fill the baro filed That's your MDA

• Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

As Fogbound Stated. You will have to either put in a DA or MDA depending on the approach in the perf Page for the call out to happen.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

The 2 M's that the OP mentioned is just the ILS Middle Marker indication, there is also a OM indication for Outer Marker, they have nothing to do minimums.

1 hour ago, johnlynn said:

The 2 M's that the OP mentioned is just the ILS Middle Marker indication, there is also a OM indication for Outer Marker, they have nothing to do minimums.

The op has the words Minimums and 100 above in his sentence, Im specifically responding to that callout for the FBW airbus and how to get it to perform the callouts. OM / MM and IM are runway specific if the equipment is there on the airfield and has nothing to do with the matter at hand. Minima is what Fogbound and i are responding to.

If i or fogbound are incorrect please provide the appropriate documentation explaining this.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

17 hours ago, johnlynn said:

Oh, thank you.

16 hours ago, Maxis said:

The op has the words Minimums and 100 above in his sentence, Im specifically responding to that callout for the FBW airbus and how to get it to perform the callouts. OM / MM and IM are runway specific if the equipment is there on the airfield and has nothing to do with the matter at hand. Minima is what Fogbound and i are responding to.

If i or fogbound are incorrect please provide the appropriate documentation explaining this.

This is much more complicated than I thought and I’m also a young pilot but I will try to get it to work, And what do you mean with “OP”

19 minutes ago, BakarKaka said:

This is much more complicated than I thought and I’m also a young pilot but I will try to get it to work, And what do you mean with “OP”

OP = Opening Post or Opening Poster

Johnlynns post above refers to runway markers OM- Outer Marker / MM-Middle Marker / IM-Inner Marker and are distance references. What i think  you were referring to were ALTITUDE/DECISION REFERENCES  and how its implemented in the Airbus.

Start Here for the fundamentals: 

Then Once you have your DA/MDA figured out Your going to put that information in the Perf Approach page under BARO/MDA for non precision approaches or RADIO/DA for precision approaches.

This is the section you need to review in the FBW document (Under ADVANCED PLANNING))

https://docs.flybywiresim.com/pilots-corner/beginner-guide/descent/#advanced-arrival-planning

Hope this helps

Cheers

Edited by Maxis

Are you sure if you can make it sound like that? I have never heard a player or pilot on msfs making it call out minimum and 100 above. I am not available to play MSFS right now but I will try it out.

Maybe someone else can assist if you you're doubtful? Respectfully I may not be the best person to ask for help if the response to my time trying to assist you is doubt.  FBW discord is also available you may want to ask there since they developed the Aircraft.

Have a good one.

On 9/29/2021 at 6:00 PM, Maxis said:

OP = Opening Post or Opening Poster

Johnlynns post above refers to runway markers OM- Outer Marker / MM-Middle Marker / IM-Inner Marker and are distance references. What i think  you were referring to were ALTITUDE/DECISION REFERENCES  and how its implemented in the Airbus.

Start Here for the fundamentals: 

Then Once you have your DA/MDA figured out Your going to put that information in the Perf Approach page under BARO/MDA for non precision approaches or RADIO/DA for precision approaches.

This is the section you need to review in the FBW document (Under ADVANCED PLANNING))

https://docs.flybywiresim.com/pilots-corner/beginner-guide/descent/#advanced-arrival-planning

Hope this helps

Cheers

I filled everything except the Baro because I don’t know how I can get that information. Where do I find the answer?

7 minutes ago, BakarKaka said:

I filled everything except the Baro because I don’t know how I can get that information. Where do I find the answer?

ILS will not use BARO. It will use Radio. So you will leave the BARO field Empty. Conversely If you are doing Circling or any non precision approach (VOR/NDB) .. you would USE BARO/MDH and not RADIO/DH.. as a matter of fact the RADIO/DH field will not be displayed if a non precision approach supported runway is not selected as the arrival in the flight plan in the MCDU

Edited by Maxis