Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

Remove trees at ends of runways?

No one said there are not obstructed runways.What they said is that FSX by default presents obstructions which are (1) not at those airports in the real world, and (2) make runways impossible to land in FSX because 20:1 and 30:1 descents still leave Cessna and Maule aircraft with too little runway to stop.The real world aircraft performance standard is clearance of a 50 foot obstacle. The FSX aircraft preformance requirement is clearance of a 150 obstruction in the same distance, takeoff or landing.While there are real world airports with those type descent requirements, they are few, not the normal airports. They are also usually private strips in the US which are not subject the obstruction clearance requirements of public airports partially funded by the FAA.

All I was trying to do is point out that there are many airports with obstructions be it natural or man made. To expect a $60 program to place every object near a runway correctly for 24000+ airports is ludicrous.Craig ASUS A8N- nForce SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCIe MOBOAMD ATHLON64 3500+ CPU w/ HT TechLG GWA-4161 DVD/CDSeagate ST3160811AS 160GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQSeagate ST3160811AS 250GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQEVGA 7950 GT KO PCIe 512mb nvodngov19147-[Guru3D.com] drivers SB Audigy 22G Corsair PC 3200 400MHZ Dual Channel DDR Super Alien 500W P/STrack IR3 w/vectorCH Yolk & RuddersFS Genesis Terrain MeshActive SkyRC4

Guest fsxmissionguy

I've been solving this problem by visiting some of these airports and planting trees closer to the end of the runway ... so that they will one day reflect better what's represented in FSX.Also helps global warming.So, I feel like I'm killing two birds with one stone here.:)