Sign in to follow this  

Tour of FS Team ACES Studios

>Back on topic, Owen, how was the Adrenaline race?It was great. Like I posted in my blog entry, I can't say where the race was, but it was multi-player and it involved racing Red Bull Air Race Extra 300S'. To be totally honest, it was my first experience flying MP with FSX (since I generally do not have time to really do that sort of thing ... I'm always head down into Max or Photoshop), and I was very pleased with the absolute zero lag. Of course this was on a LAN environment, but even with that I would have expected some sort of "jumping." Nope, none, nada! Now, for over the internet, it may be a bit different experience.I just got a very small taste of what is to come with Adrenaline, and I loved what I saw thus far. I can't wait until they're able to publicly announce more juicy details!Best,Owen

>That mallard duck addon gave me a laugh! :(Hahaha, yeah, Hal made certain that I get a picture of it to post. Everyone I interracted with at ACES is fun loving, and enjoy what they do ... and it shows!Best,Owen

>Yes. Everything from the Concorde to the Shuttle..all under>one roof:-)If you guys want to see a real aviation museum, you want to head over to the UK and go to Duxford.You will not see it all in a day!Among countless others we have Concorde 001, Blackbird SR-71 and many many more. Try the web page?

Dave Taylor gb.png

>>Yes. Everything from the Concorde to the Shuttle..all under>>one roof:-)>>If you guys want to see a real aviation museum, you want to>head over to the UK and go to Duxford.>You will not see it all in a day!>>Among countless others we have Concorde 001, Blackbird SR-71>and many many more. Try the web page?Yeah, the Concorde and the SR-71 are among my favorites at Dulles. However, how close you get to the Enola Gay is very humbling for some reason.

My company had our last all hands meeting at Udvar Hazy a few months back. Very cool place. I got a picture of me in front of The Enola Gay to go with the picture of me in front of the Trinity obelisk when i was in White Sands last year. There are some very unique aircraft there for sure.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

>>That mallard duck addon gave me a laugh! :(>>Hahaha, yeah, Hal made certain that I get a picture of it to>post. Everyone I interracted with at ACES is fun loving, and>enjoy what they do ... and it shows!>>Best,>>OwenOwen, I noticed the exact same thing. It was a phenomenal trip, and I had a lot of fun. I went over on Tuesday, as I had more official business on Wednesday, and Phil was kind enough to show me SP1 performance while telling me that they were releasing the beta and I'd have to wait until I got home tonight/tomorrow to see it. Regardless of what anyone says, the one thing that is certain about ACES is that every single person there is incredibly excited about what they do. For all the fun stuff that went on, probably the best moment of my trip was sitting in Mike Z's office for a half an hour brainstorming wacky things to do with SimConnect, like guided missiles and stuff like that.

Hey Brian,I'm glad to hear that you had the opportunity to visit the team .. they are a great bunch!!Best,Owen