Sign in to follow this  
IrfanAhmed

A320 NEO always starts with engines on

Hi all,

I've turned off the flight assistant and I always load the aircraft at a parking stand but it starts with everything on. How can I start my flight in the cold & dark state?

On 10/23/2021 at 7:20 AM, peppy197 said:

use FlyByWire A320

Freeware

Yes, I have it installed but haven't tried it. Isn't there a way for the default Asobo A320 NEO to load in Cold & Dark state or is this the default behaviour of the aircraft?

2 hours ago, IrfanAhmed said:

Yes, I have it installed but haven't tried it. Isn't there a way for the default Asobo A320 NEO to load in Cold & Dark state or is this the default behaviour of the aircraft?

The default should be able to do cold and dark just fine. There's even a cold and dark checklist for it.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Sorry didn't update you guys. I got it working yesterday. Maybe it needed a sim restart as I did not do anything special. Thanks for the help.

theres no need to use the default a320, just download the new updated flybywire a320 neo and have fun, the default one is trash, 

12 minutes ago, FSUK_86 said:

theres no need to use the default a320, just download the new updated flybywire a320 neo and have fun, the default one is trash, 

There's still things that I like about the default. For instance, taxiing bores the word not allowed out of me, and I like to let the copilot do that while I read up on things, or go make a sandwich.

A half hour of taxiing across a huge airport at a snail's pace is not enticing.

Also, unlike many, I don't have problems with the default flight planner, and the default planes seem to work very well with it, whereas things like the flybywire seem much more comfortable with navigraph and simbrief, and tend to react strangely sometimes with the default planner.

Sometimes you just want to hop in and go, and not spend 15 or 20 minutes fiddling with stuff.

I would say the default planes do at least 80% of what the enhanced ones do, and many times, and for a lot of people, that's going to be more than enough.

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I would say the default planes do at least 80% of what the enhanced ones do, and many times, and for a lot of people, that's going to be more than enough.

This is how I feel also. I tried the FBW and no doubt its very very impressive. Well on its way to becoming the "Zibo of MSFS"

But its not for me and Im very happy with the default.