Sign in to follow this  
dhondt

Praise and suggestion

Dear P2A-community
I've been a big fan of P2A for a long time. I am also amazed that with such a complex program you rarely have to call in support. And when you need this support, it's really Speedy Gonzales. I believe that Dave "accompanies" us day and night.

And now to my suggestion:

In the written reproduction of the ATC announcements, numbers are written in words. For users whose native language is not English, this is a disadvantage in my opinion. To be able to read numbers as numbers and not in words can be grasped much faster. Hence my question: Would it be conceivable that this would be changed, or that one could choose between the two variants according to one's preferences? However, I have no idea how complicated this would be to implement.

Regards
dhondt

Thanks for the praise and suggestion.

In the current version of P2A, the speech text is taken directly from the speech recognition and the responses are formatted so they can be used directly in the speech engine, hence the text instead of numbers.

This is on the list to change in some future version, but will require significant changes in how the speech is handled, etc.

Dave

@Dave 

And of course mode Speedy Gonzales again. 

Thank you for the info. I’am pleased that this topic has been listed.

Regards 

dhondt