Sign in to follow this  
Watsi

FlyByWire Simulations | A32NX | SimVARS

Hi there,

A goodie for the weekend for our cockpit builders and hardware users: We have extended our documentation for the A32NX Flight-Deck and API with a detailed list of vars and events for most of the flight deck controls.

Flight Deck A32NX API: https://docs.flybywiresim.com//pilots-corner/a32nx-briefing/a32nx_api/

And to make sure you never miss any significant updates to our documentation again we have created a dedicated announcement channel in our Discord: documentation

Set a Discord Notification if you are interested in any significant documentation update.

Happy flying.

Edited by Watsi
  • Like 6

FlyByWire Simulations

12 minutes ago, Watsi said:

Hi there,

A goodie for the weekend for our cockpit builders and hardware users: We have extended our documentation for the A32NX Flight-Deck and API with a detailed list of vars and events for most of the flight deck controls.

Flight Deck A32NX API: https://docs.flybywiresim.com//pilots-corner/a32nx-briefing/a32nx_api/

And to make sure you never miss any significant updates to our documentation again we have created a dedicated announcement channel in our Discord: documentation

Set a Discord Notification if you are interested in any significant documentation update.

Happy flying.

Hi, thanks for all the hard work by the FBW team on the A320!  One minor issue I had was that in SU5, we can now use the "lock" mode for the user interface with our mouse, versus the "legacy" mode.  The "lock" mode is useful because during turbulence when the A320's cockpit is super bumpy, it's really hard in "legacy" mode to control the switches, buttons, and knobs with your mouse.

However, when using "lock" mode for the dev version of the FBW A320 after SU5, it was impossible to change the speed knob to "selected" or "managed" mode, or change the heading knob from "selected" to "managed" mode. I believe in the "lock" mode, we are supposed to click on the speed knob or heading knob, and then use the mouse's scroll wheel to change to "selected" or "managed" mode.  This was a really weird issue with the FBW A320 because for the default A320 in "lock" mode, I can change change the speed knob to "selected" or "managed" mode, or change the heading knob from "selected" to "managed" mode.

Is this fixed for the latest dev version of the FBW A320?  I suppose it's a minor issue because most people use the "legacy" mode for their mouse anyways, but it would be nice to also use the "lock" mode for the FBW A320, especially during turbulence.  Thanks!

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM