Sign in to follow this  
LesPaul30

Updated to 1.20.6.0, now unplayable

Can you explain where you find Help>System>video cards under the steam help menu please. 

2.jpg

Edited by Reader

Hello, I have the same problem - after Update 1.20.6.0 the game loads very!! slow and then it is impossible to use the menu because it is too slow.

The CPU Usage is about 10 % but GPU usage is just about 3% on a Nvidia 2060 Super.

I use the Steam installation and tried to do do a new installation about 3 times now (deleted Steam and averything MSFS related, even in the registry). Of course i reinstalled the geforce driver a couple of times now (uninstall, reboot,  new installation). I even did a Windows 10 21H2 installation without any susccess to solve this problem.

I also changed the MS-Xbox account password, so it is not a problem with the MS/X-Box login.

The strange thing is, if i delete everything and start a new installation the first dialog (x-box login and afterwards initial performance settings) seams already chewy.

Before the update the GPU usage was even at the loadscreen high, but now it is like MSFS do not want to use the GPU any more.

Alll other games (even cyperpunk 2077) are running fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QuaxBruchpilot said:

Hello, I have the same problem - after Update 1.20.6.0 the game loads very!! slow and then it is impossible to use the menu because it is too slow.

The CPU Usage is about 10 % but GPU usage is just about 3% on a Nvidia 2060 Super.

I use the Steam installation and tried to do do a new installation about 3 times now (deleted Steam and averything MSFS related, even in the registry). Of course i reinstalled the geforce driver a couple of times now (uninstall, reboot,  new installation). I even did a Windows 10 21H2 installation without any susccess to solve this problem.

I also changed the MS-Xbox account password, so it is not a problem with the MS/X-Box login.

The strange thing is, if i delete everything and start a new installation the first dialog (x-box login and afterwards initial performance settings) seams already chewy.

Before the update the GPU usage was even at the loadscreen high, but now it is like MSFS do not want to use the GPU any more.

Alll other games (even cyperpunk 2077) are running fine.

Only guessing: Could it be that you accidentally set the on-board graphics chip to be used for MSFS instead of the GPU?

Game load times are definitely painful worse than before and menu system is dog slow - wish they could address this - would launch sim more often than I do now for this reason 

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 1

Rich Sennett