Sign in to follow this  
sushi_at

Button control QNH set during descent

Would it be possible to increase/add a delay between me pushing the baro knob in, switching from STD to QNH before reading out the value? So that I can actually have a second or two to turn the dial to the correct value? Maybe something like 2 seconds after the last change to the value in case it's wildly different from the departure one? I know in the voice version I would have to read the value, but in button control the pilot just reads it out while I'm turning the knob and the values often don't match at all, which is kinda weird.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, sushi_at said:

Would it be possible to increase/add a delay between me pushing the baro knob in, switching from STD to QNH before reading out the value? So that I can actually have a second or two to turn the dial to the correct value? Maybe something like 2 seconds after the last change to the value in case it's wildly different from the departure one? I know in the voice version I would have to read the value, but in button control the pilot just reads it out while I'm turning the knob and the values often don't match at all, which is kinda weird.

yes pls increase, i think 2 sec were ok.

greetings

mace 🙋‍♂️

3 hours ago, byork said:

We'll see what we can do.

I just usually press "B" though so it's instant.

Ah I see, I normally try to avoid that as I pulled the weather report for the destination. Plus I often switch to QNH once I start a descent below the transition, which could be higher the default 18000 of MSFS - which would mean pressing B wouldn't do anything yet.

So any effort on this would be greatly appreciated 🙂

On 2/17/2022 at 5:50 AM, sushi_at said:

Any chance of revisiting this now that the application seems to be in a pretty good place?

I'm checking out, now, but question just to confirm, only this for button control right?.

Manuel

spacer.png

I don't think so, the trigger isn't the button or voice. The trigger is coming from the sim, pushing the Baro knob back in so it goes from "Std" to whatever baro value was set before. That's when the timer should start, and also get reset back to say 2 seconds every time the QNH value gets changed by turning the knob. Until I leave it set for 2 seconds, then the first officer should read the value out and ask me to check.

14 hours ago, Nick-EGFF said:

any update on this? Just picked up on this during my flights today.

Hey Guys,

This is still pending to be fixed, we has been a little bit busy with the FS2Crew Maddog edition recently, that's the reason why it hasn't being implemented, yet

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png