Sign in to follow this  
John-Maguire

MSFS (SU6) C172 Fuel pump

I am using the x-touch mini with MSFS. Setting up a profile for the C172. For most switches I can read the value of the current switch position and then write an RPN script to switch on/off with a short/long push on the same button. This works well as I can also set the light on the x-touch for that button to be on or off at the same time.

One switch does not seem to have a LVAR. There are a few possible candidates including (A:GENERAL·ENG·FUEL·PUMP·SWITCH,·Bool) and (A:GENERAL·ENG·FUEL·PUMP·ON,·Bool). None of them change value when the fuel pump switches between off and on.

I can toggle the fuel pump on off with (>K:TOGGLE_ELECT_FUEL_PUMP), but the value (0,1) of the BOOL I cannot find anywhere to read this. It's possible the BOOL is not updated as the switch moves and just stays at zero. If anyone has a solution to read the value of the fuel pump position be good to know.

Any solution to have the light on the x-touch change as the fuel pump is switched on/off most welcome.

1 hour ago, John-Maguire said:

One switch does not seem to have a LVAR. There are a few possible candidates including (A:GENERAL·ENG·FUEL·PUMP·SWITCH,·Bool) and (A:GENERAL·ENG·FUEL·PUMP·ON,·Bool). None of them change value when the fuel pump switches between off and on.

Those could be indexed (they were in the previous sims). Unfortunately the MSFS SDK documentation doesn't include that information (at least not in a way that I can find it), so I always take a look into the FSX or P3D spec. But with MSFS many A: vars have been indexed that weren't before.

Try this:

(A:GENERAL·ENG·FUEL·PUMP·SWITCH:1,·Bool) and (A:GENERAL·ENG·FUEL·PUMP·ON:1,·Bool).

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI