Sign in to follow this  
Deacon211

Attitude Indicator and Mouse Tip

Good evening.

Im not too certain if this is the correct forum in which to put this, but there seems to be an abundance of places to post.  My apologies if it is misplaced.

So, one issue and one suggestion.

Issue: I don’t believe that the Attitude Indicator is working quite correctly.  I’ve only just noticed it, but someone please back me up on this.

The ADI (they are called a million things, so I’m just going with this one 😉) seems to underrepresent the bank angle when rolling.  I’m going mostly by the sky pointer in this.  So, when I roll to the first mark from level (typically and apparently in this ADI 10 deg AOB) the horizon appears to be at least 30 deg from level. By the time I get to the standard 30 deg marking, I’ve got to be looking at 60 degrees.

I was just playing with this, so I didn’t test it extensively, but oddly, as you approach 90 deg AOB the ADI again matches the horizon.

This would definitely make IFR flying challenging.

Suggestion:  I was having a very hard time setting my Nav 1 radios, although they looked like they should work just as any GPS I’ve flown with.

Eventually I discovered that you can’t push the push buttons on rheostat type controls (i.e. the GPS) if the mouse isn’t in “Legacy” mode.  I’m pretty sure that the mouse defaults to “modern” or whatever they call it so this might incline people to believe that the control is broken rather than the mouse just being in the wrong mode.

I did some searching, but I did not see that mentioned online or in the manual.  But it’s probably worth a mention in any updated manual or patch note.

Other than that, really appreciate you being open to listening and addressing issues.  The Widgeon is great fun and I can see myself flying it quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Deacon211 said:

Issue: I don’t believe that the Attitude Indicator is working quite correctly.

I agree, will let Mark know.

Al

Thanks i fixed the bank angle. And we already had plans to sent out a new update soon and now we are going to sent it out.

For the suggestion. This has nothing to do with our product. If you use the non legacy LOCK cockpit interaction system then you left click and hold which will show another tooltip that comes with it's own instructions to right click for the new interaction. 

On 10/29/2021 at 9:56 AM, Flysimware said:

Thanks i fixed the bank angle. And we already had plans to sent out a new update soon and now we are going to sent it out.

For the suggestion. This has nothing to do with our product. If you use the non legacy LOCK cockpit interaction system then you left click and hold which will show another tooltip that comes with it's own instructions to right click for the new interaction. 

Ah, thanks for fixing it so quickly!

I do understand about the mouse interaction. I confess I was struggling with the non legacy method.

Also, I noticed that the CDI/OBS needle may remain centered when the NAV signal is lost, despite the NAV flag being displayed.

I haven’t flown steam gauges in awhile, but I’m fairly certain that the needle should bias out of view when signal is lost. This is obviously to prevent someone from not noticing that the NAV is no longer tracking.

Thanks for the great support.  I really enjoy flying this plane.

12 hours ago, Deacon211 said:

Also, I noticed that the CDI/OBS needle may remain centered when the NAV signal is lost, despite the NAV flag being displayed.

From what I've seen it is not uncommon for planes with a mechanical HSI to just use a NAV off flag with the CDI centered, and if there is no HSI but just a typical VOR head, again the needle(s) will stay centered along with a NAV warning flag. With a glass HSI often the CDI does disappear since it is easy to make that happen with software. So it depends on the particular aircraft.

Al

Edited by ark

14 hours ago, ark said:

From what I've seen it is not uncommon for planes with a mechanical HSI to just use a NAV off flag with the CDI centered, and if there is no HSI but just a typical VOR head, again the needle(s) will stay centered along with a NAV warning flag. With a glass HSI often the CDI does disappear since it is easy to make that happen with software. So it depends on the particular aircraft.

Al

Fair enough. Thanks for taking a look!