Sign in to follow this  
Guest allcott

Is a repair possible?

I seem to have messed up my water textures. How can I get these repaired from the DVDs?allen

Guest allcott

Repair seems to only replace missing textures. So rename the texture folder first to something like OLDTexture, then run the repair installation. If you have any other modified textures they too will be put back to default. Next time, ALWAYS back up a folder where you plan on changing things! Saves hours!Allcott

Hmmm...did you do anything other than change out textures? Did you change your Video Card drivers?Another thing you could try is backup your FSX.CFG file, rename and allow FSX to recreate it on the next application start.[hr width=100%" size=1 color="black]http://forefrontgrp.com/MyLogo2.JPGJason | General Aviation FanVisit my new Blog:http://abwain.spaces.live.com/

How do I do a repair installation?By running DVD 1 I only get an INSTALL option.ThanksFulvio

Im getting the same with the repair. (or worse, ha ha)I am going to UNINSTALL then re-installal

If you go to ControlPanel and use the Add or Remove Programs, click change for FSX and it will give you the option to repair or uninstall (remove)... I hope...DO AT YOUR OWN RISK al

Guest allcott

That doesn't look like a texture problem, that's an animations (shader) problem.Please supply full system specs, including video card driver versionHave you modified the FSX.cfg?Allcott