Sign in to follow this  
actrade

Red X instead of yellow plane

All of the sudden, I can't see my plan on the map when clicking on center on aircraft. I do see a red x, but it doesn't move. However, if I click/unclick it shows where the plane is with the red x, but again, it doesn't move until I again click/unclick. Beta 6a.

If you're talking about a big red X where the map should be, that is a problem with the Map control that usually occurs if you run out of PC resources.  Keeping the map centered on the aircraft uses the maximum resources, so if this is happening, you should avoid using that feature.

To fix it, you will need to restart Pilot2ATC.

Dave

No talking a a very small red X where the yellow plane should be that tracks on the map along your route.

1 hour ago, actrade said:

No talking a a very small red X where the yellow plane should be that tracks on the map along your route.

In the P2A configuration, under P2A Setup, uncheck 'Enable Hidden Aircraft', then clicking on the center button should behave as you expect.

Dirk

• Upvote 1

1. I didn't have that checked to begin with.

2. I then tried it both ways...neither brought my yellow plane icon back.

You can delete the AppConfig.xml file located at:

c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Settings\AppConfig.xml

The next time you start P2A, it will then load the default values and create a new AppConfig file.

You can save a backup copy of the file before deleting and  if you want to restore what you had, you can just restore your backup.

Dave

will that get rid of my imported taxiways and voices? the voices I can add back...the 90 min to add taxiways not sure I want to do right now 🙂

As for the small red + sign in the middle of the map, that is just the center of the map and has nothing to do with the plane.

After you ensure that the Enable Hidden Aircraft option is turned off, you may need to press the Center Aircraft button a time or two to get it back.

The AppConfig.xml does not affect the Taxiways at all.  It will affect the voice settings, including the assigned voices on the Voice tab of Config.

Dave

The plane will move off the map as you fly and you have to move the map to get it back into view.

Also, when you have the Enable Hidden Aircraft option checked, the "Center on Aircraft" button has 3 postions:

Off

Centered on Aircraft

Hidden

So get the plane visible, then be sure the Enable Hidden Aircraft option is unchecked.

It should then not be possible for the plane to disappear, other than by flying out of sight.

Dave

I don't have enable hidden aircraft checked...never did. I will check when I get home about the 3 positions, but remember I didn't change anything. I'm sure I've clicked the center on aircraft button many times to no avail, but will check again. After deleting my config settings per your instructions, it worked fine. Next flight, it was gone again. As far as flying out of sight, I'm doing 50nm or less hops and am zoomed out far enough to see much of the country I'm flying in so that certainly isn't the issue.

Ok, working atm...didn't change anything...question, could a poor internet connection cause this issue as I am on very poor DSL.

I suspect it could indirectly cause it by causing the program to disconnect from the SIM or cause another error that prevents the program from updating the plane image regularly.