Sign in to follow this  
Buffalo Bill

UT2 does not recognise P3Dv5

Has anyone hade this trouble iv recently changed from P3Dv4,5 to v5 and have tried for ages to load install UT2 with no luck it will simply not recognise P3Dv5 on the first page. Therefore i cannot go forward, iv installed the re-installed but have the same result. Anyone have any remedies id appreciate it.

Billy

AFAIK UT2 is not supported anymore and was superseded by UTLive, I've never tried UT2 with P3D v5, but if you decide to use UTLive, it does work with P3D v5 though it required copying the add-on.xml into the P3D v5 addons folder, because last time I had used UTL it did not have a native installer for v5 (it may be different now).

I also just migrated from V4 to V5. Here is the scoop for Ultimate Traffic Live.

They have a version UTL v2 with native v5 installers that is now included if you purchase UTL. It was sadly not finished so its not perfect. It was originally going to be sold, but due to the abrupt stop by the developer it's as in condition is what you get. Flight1 allows you to download the program as long as you purchased UTL. However there are 2 main issues I noticed...

(1) the traffic will build very quickly and you will have a massive line of 20 aircraft waiting to takeoff. Think 5 o'clock rush hour.

(2) Once you do fly to your next destination there will be zero aircraft until you toggle aircraft on\off.

The other option is to use UTL in V5. which works fine once you get it to work. (this was my choice). However this is not as easy as selecting v5 during the install. I finally got it working by installing into V4 and then migrating the files to V5. A little bit of a hassle but it ultimately worked. There are in-depth threads about how to do this on Flight1's forum or Ultimate Traffic forum.

From my understanding is Flight1 has requested purchasing the rights to UTL so they can improve upon the program to sell. As I don't think it would take much to make UTL v2 at least as good as UTL without the install headache. As add-on traffic for me is a must it would be nice to see this improved upon if only a little.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

I have UTL V2 and have never had an installation or operational problem. It has been up and running for so long, that I hardly ever think about it, so I cannot recall what if anything I did differently to make my program work as well as it does with P3D v5.

Sherm

10 hours ago, shermank said:

I have UTL V2 and have never had an installation or operational problem. It has been up and running for so long, that I hardly ever think about it, so I cannot recall what if anything I did differently to make my program work as well as it does with P3D v5.

Sherm

To clarify he said UT2, or Ultimate Traffic 2, the older product before UTL v2 (Ultimate Traffic Live v2). 

Assuming he meant UT2, I think it works with v5, because it did work with v4; so I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work (assuming it actually installs).

• Like 1