Sign in to follow this  
e60125

Fatal Error and given wrong taxi instructions

At KBWI everytime i get my taxi instruction it says fatal error and gives me this log: 

$$$$ Thread time overun : 
   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.ThreadCheck.Sleep(Int32 milliSecs)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.FSUIPCInt.ProcessSimconMessages()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
Lat Lon problem
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Position.CheckValid()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.AerodromeRouteImpl.BezCurvePosition(Position p1, Position p2, Position p3, Double curvefraction)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.AerodromeRouteImpl.GetCurvePosition(Position posIn, Int32 index)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.AircraftStripState.SetUpTaxiRouteLight(Double bearing, Position currentPos, AerodromeRoute ar)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.AircraftStripState.DisplayTaxiPathLightsImplImpl(AerodromeRoute arIn, Boolean showStopLights)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.DirectPlayInterface.CheckWaitingActions()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.DirectPlayInterface.Run() 

any ideas on how to fix this?

I don't use P3d anymore, but I have a vague idea what's wrong. The first bunch of messages starting with thread overrun is normal. But when you get to the line with lat long problem, that's where the fatal error is.  VOXATC is very unforgiving about airports with bad geometry. If there are breaks in the taxi network (orphan taxi nodes and parking spots, etc.) the routing algorithm generates an error. One way of determining what's wrong with a complex airport like KBWI is to open the airport's BGL file in Airport Design Editor and check for errors. It depends whether you are using the stock airport or an add-on version.

This is probably more than you wanted to know, but often the best solution is to find an add-on version of the airport that's designed correctly. FSX and P3d have fairly stupid taxiing algorithms, so they just bypass errors in the taxi network.

• Like 1

Thank you for the replay it helped a lot! What should i look for in airport design editor to fix the taxi networks though?

UPDATE: So the issue was in ADE i set runway 33L for no takeoff because it is unrealistic but ATC tries to send me to that runway. Is there any way I can make a realistic runway pattern in ADE?

As long as you have at least one runway open for departure & the same or another for arrival, should not be the problem ...... assuming you ran the "Indexer" after you changed the afcad.

In ADE, there is a menu option "fault finder" which might track the issue.

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

Thanks for the advice! I ended up finding two open taxi links and fixed them using the fault finder but I am still running into the same issue with the fatal error and wrong taxi instruction after running indexer and fixing the taxi links. 

@e60125

One is at a loss to help further ....... assuming the problem is unique to your KBWI & it happens to other runways there apart from 33L.

Does the log of the indexer suggest any anomalies ...... the sceneries being read / not read for example.

Perhaps some notes on what afcad (source) / gates you are using might jog another user of that airport to comment..my skies are the asiapacific.

for now, cheers

john martin