Sign in to follow this  
TheMelbournePilot

CaptainSim 767-300CF Merge

CaptainSim 767-300CF Merge 

G'day all, with regards to a possible merge, would it be possible that I can merge the SSP 767F door and interior and chuck it onto the CS 767 fuselage? 

What you can merge is the outside model and the inside model, the SSP 767F exterior and the CS cockpit. If you want mix the interiors from both, cockpit from CS and cargo hold from SSP, it becomes hard work, disassembling the model and merging it together with ModelconverterX. This only works, if the parts you want to extract and merge are not connected to parts not needed. Sometimes I come across things like this, where for example a left aileron is combined with the right side of the fuselage. 

If you take just the interior model from CS and the outside from SSP, it should be easy combining through the model.cfg entries. 

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

19 hours ago, TheMelbournePilot said:

G'day all, with regards to a possible merge, would it be possible that I can merge the SSP 767F door and interior and chuck it onto the CS 767 fuselage? 

Ehhhh, could be, but you'd need to cut a hole in the old fuselage, that itself requires the model to be exported into a modelling software so you can actually cut that hole out. There also may be the risk that after cutting the hole, the UV maps will be distorted so you will have to remap the fuselage (not a huge risk though). And yeah, just like the above reply, you will need to extract the door and interior from the SSP model, which is a coin flip of whether or not it's attached to a larger object. If it is, then you're going to basically have to extract that section and reimport it with redone animations (because animations and dope sheet references are not exported even if using MCX). Also Captainsim's models are bound to the gauges for DRM purposes, so if you do miss a dope sheet reference it may end up breaking the model (engines are flipped vertically up), resulting in you having to start over again. It'd be an easier endeavor to just extract certain portions of the CS model and put it into the SSP model (granted with redone modeldefs and visibility conditions). 

On 11/16/2021 at 9:51 AM, blaunarwal said:

If you take just the interior model from CS and the outside from SSP, it should be easy combining through the model.cfg entries. 

If you mean the interior of the aircraft as seen from Spot view, actually it's coded in the external model, so you'll be better doing what Blaunarwal says.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I've come to realize the CS B767 II was an $80 disappointment...fully expecting them to deliver a proper freighter variant with a working main cargo door and proper GE engines. Oh well...live and learn (with that learning for me to never support CS again!).

I've also come to realize that the options (in P3D v5) for wide body freighters at the moment are either the PMDG T7 or the PMDG 747 series. (I actually prefer the 748F.)

TDFI also have a quality MD11F on the way...hopefully.

It's really too bad CS has made the recent decisions that it has...the CS767 II (with PBR) is actually a pretty good flight model (with the exception of some things still lacking in their FMS) with very good exterior detail. As they've stated, P3D development for them is over. WYSIWYG. I would've loved to do a repaint of the CS763F in both the Cargojet and upcoming Air Canada Cargo liveries. (No, I did no buy their insubstantial attempt at the freighter expansion.)

Trying to merge the recent CS767 II with a decade old (non-PBR) exterior model (if possible considering CS's software protections) won't meet the quality of the other wide body freighters available, IMHO.

With the fairly recently announced real world conversions of B777 Pax into freighters, I suspect in the next 2-3 years there will be many more operators with this type, and thus, more options for the PMDG T7F, and that the B763F will begin to fade away from real world use as age/maintenance costs take their toll.

My $0.02.

Good luck to those who attempt this endeavor.

• Like 1