Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

CAUTION! fsx049cn.zip

I just installed this aircraft, FSX FSDZigns Lockheed 049A Constellation which may be under a different download name on this site, or may not exist, I didn't check.Usually I put everything in manually, but I made the mistake of following the instructions which state: "just unzip to your FSX/simobjects/airplanes folder". I did this and rather than originate an unique aircraft folder for the plane, it installed all the separate folders/files in individually (and yes I had folders checked in winzip). No biggy right? WRONG!I cannot now startup FSX.I removed all of the items installed (double checking the zip file to be sure of the ID's) and still cannot get FSX to startup.If you install this aircraft, ignore the instructions and be sure that you put in a unique Constellation aircraft folder into your FSX airplanes folder and unzip to the folder you originated, NOT the airplanes folder.Respectfully:RTHEdit:Correction:The problem was not with the bird, although I would still recommend manual installation due to the above scenario. I am sure the plane will work fine with a manual installation. My problem was with FSUIPC4 for some reason. I had recently installed the new version. I removed the dll and FSX starts up fine.I apologize for the confusion.RTH

As an added note to the above. For some reason fSUIPC4, version 4.09 is not working for me. FSX shutsdown a few seconds after startup.Version 4.08 works fine. To be sure that that the cautions Peter includes relative to firewalls etc. were not being violated, I even tried installation in safe mode. Same result.For what it is worth:RTH

RTH, have you checked replies to your similar post over at Flightsim.com? I might provide a solution for your problem there.cheersGary