Sign in to follow this  
knich

P2ATC no longer loading properly

Hi Dave,

My computer crashed and I had to reboot while the program was running.  When I re-opened, I had lost all my settings.  

Also...I now have this blank screen.  When I try to import a flt plan The flt plan does not show, unless I hit FPL, but I still have the blank map screen.  I tried to reinstall but same problem.

Appreciate any help.

Screenshot-1942.png

Something is going wrong in the load process.

• Be sure you have a good internet connection before launching P2A.
  • Try changing the Weather source to NOAA.
  • Try deleting the AppConfig.xml file.  It could be corrupt and causing an error when loading Config options.  This will load the default option values and create a new AppConfig file. The file is located at:

c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Settings\AppConfig.xml
           where <UserName> is your PC user name.
Dave

48 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Something is going wrong in the load process.

• Be sure you have a good internet connection before launching P2A.
  • Try changing the Weather source to NOAA.
  • Try deleting the AppConfig.xml file.  It could be corrupt and causing an error when loading Config options.  This will load the default option values and create a new AppConfig file. The file is located at:

c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Settings\AppConfig.xml
Dave

Internet connection excellent 1 GB.

Changed to NOAA and deleted appconfig

No luck

Also I cannot export a flt plan.   Option is not showing. 

Edited by knich

2 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

I would try reinstalling P2A. Some code may have been corrupted during the crash.

Dave

I completely reinstalled and even re-registered, tried to load saved plan and still the blank screen.

The map should show when you start P2A.  Are you saying it goes blank when you load a flight plan?

Assuming it is blank when you start, I would uninstall P2A completely, deleting the P2A200 folder located at:

c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200

And delete the Pilot2ATC_2020 folder.

Download a fresh version of the program and install after a reboot of the PC.

This is not a code problem with P2A, but some sort of environment problem on your PC, so the fresh start might fix it.

Dave

40 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

The map should show when you start P2A.  Are you saying it goes blank when you load a flight plan?

Assuming it is blank when you start, I would uninstall P2A completely, deleting the P2A200 folder located at:

c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200

And delete the Pilot2ATC_2020 folder.

Download a fresh version of the program and install after a reboot of the PC.

This is not a code problem with P2A, but some sort of environment problem on your PC, so the fresh start might fix it.

Dave

It is blank from the start.  

Crazy..I have now reinstalled completely three times and still the same problem. 

Any more ideas?

Are you running the program as Administrator?

Something in your PC is preventing the Map from loading.

Email a log file to admin@p2atc.com and I'll have a look to see if there are any error messages or clues.

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 

Dave

1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Are you running the program as Administrator?

Something in your PC is preventing the Map from loading.

Email a log file to admin@p2atc.com and I'll have a look to see if there are any error messages or clues.

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 

Dave

Thanks Dave..just emailed them. 

Didn't work run as Admin either. 

Edited by knich

Thanks for the log files.

Looks like the Windows Speech engine is not installed or not working.  The program is not even able to load "generic" default voices.

Check your Windows Language setup.  Check that the Language is set to US English, and be sure and go to the Options and press the Speech button to load the voices and Speech engine.  

Dave

3 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Thanks for the log files.

Looks like the Windows Speech engine is not installed or not working.  The program is not even able to load "generic" default voices.

Check your Windows Language setup.  Check that the Language is set to US English, and be sure and go to the Options and press the Speech button to load the voices and Speech engine.  

Dave

That did it.  You are genius.  I did not have my mic on...somehow turned it off.  

Had no idea the add on was so dependent on having a mic on.  

Thank you so much!  Having to use the annoying Asobo ATC for just a few days makes you really appreciate how great P2ATC is. 

And I really appreciate your responsiveness and willingness to help resolve this. 

Have a great day!