Sign in to follow this  
c172jeff

Xplane 11.55 and GTN 750/650 (resolved)

I have a  Windows 10 pc and am running Xplane 11.55.  I downloaded a version of a Cessna 172N that has both a GTN 650 and GTN 750 in it.  I cannot get traffic to show on either GTN.  Should it show up on only one gtn or can both be configured?  I have been trying to configure only the GTN 750/read the previous forum posts on the subject.

Yes, I do have TCAS enabled and have tried with the check box (IFR Sim trafffic) on as well as off.   I also have my ipad connected to xplane and see traffic perfectly fine in foreflight.

Oh, when I say traffic, I mean the traffic that comes on/from the pilotedge network. I have that plug in loaded and enabled.  I am only interested in seeing that traffic.

Does this work with the piloted network? 

Do any settings in Xplane have to be enabled for traffic? I think I saw some settings on a flight configuration screen that describe randome xplane traffic in the system?

Please advise.

Jeff

Hi,

The GTN is using the XP11 traffic SDK datarefs introduced with XP11.50 (and the former traffic datarefs with earlier versions, for which the setting "Use Simulator AI Traffic Count" is meant for). I don't know where PE is at regarding the new XP11.50 traffic SDK and datarefs, but I see no reason they wouldn't be using these unless you're using an older client maybe.

AFAIK, it is recommended to disable the "Use Simulator AI Traffic Count" when using a "traffic injection" plugin" otherwise you'd limit the number of AI traffic to the actual number of X-Plane AI traffic count (hence the setting name).

The only other possibility would be that PE is not "filling" the TCAS dataref properly, which I doubt, but it might be worth cross-checking. You can use the X-Plane embedded "Dataref Editor" to monitor these:

1) check PE is setting "sim/operation/override/override_TCAS" to 1

This override lets third party add-ons write to the TCAS source data array so you can have plugin controlled instances as TCAS targets. Only writeable by the plugin that has the AI planes acquired.

2) check "sim/cockpit2/tcas/indicators/tcas_num_acf"

If TCAS is not overriden by plgugin, returns the number of planes in X-Plane, which might be under plugin control or X-Plane control. If TCAS is overriden, returns how many targets are actually being written to with the override. These are not necessarily consecutive entries in the TCAS arrays.

3) check "sim/cockpit2/tcas/targets/modeS_id"

24bit (0-16777215 or 0 - 0xFFFFFF) unique ID of the airframe. This is also known as the ADS-B "hexcode".

When checking #3, which is an array of up to 64 entries, count the number of entries different than 0 and see whether it is similar to the value reported in #2 (it can vary between the time you lookup both if other pilots are leaving or entering the network of course, but over a small period of time, it should be consistent). While doing so, can you please see whether all entries are packed together starting at index 0, or if they are randomly set throughout the 64 slots?

This should help to findout where the problem might be (thanks to LR for providing native introspection tools and log files, unlike other games).

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you for this information.  Right now, I am checking the Dataref's you mentioned, for fun.  I do not expect them to be proper. 

About a week ago, I also posted this on the Pilotedge Facebook group and was told that it is a known problem with the latest  Pilotedge release.  I was directed to their discord server to chat with the developers.  I will check that out later.

In any case, I do not expect it works in the Pilotedge 1.6.5 release as they stated on FB.

• Like 1

c172jeff,  Did you find a solution yet?   My GTN 750 TCAS doesnt work either on Pilotedge either.  It does work with the RXP GNS 500.  Hoping a solution is found soon.

@ptyler687 both the RXP GNS V2 and GTN are sharing the exact same code regarding TCAS. Are you sure you're using latest versions for both, and you've enabled TCAD on the GTN too?

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

2 hours ago, RXP said:

@ptyler687 both the RXP GNS V2 and GTN are sharing the exact same code regarding TCAS. Are you sure you're using latest versions for both, and you've enabled TCAD on the GTN too?

RXP,  Yes both are the current version.   However,  After some investigation The Problem is a known problem when using Pilotedge.    The problem should be fixed when Pilotedge releases a new Client.  

Paul

• Like 1