Sign in to follow this  
FGrabi

p2atc - Taxiway Naming and Pronouncing

Hello,

I'm loving to use p2atc on every flight (MSFS2020-FBW [A32NX]) and take care (edit/config twys, rwys and gates in txi mnt) of all my airports (payware and freeware), because I like to do simflights as realistic as possible. I'm following the rules from the documentation regarding twys, gates, rwys, holdingpoints...

Yesterday I installed the LSGG Payware Airport from Redwing and before fligtplaning and entering the cockpit  I customized the airport data fpr LSGG in taxi mnt using the actual charts from Navigraph (Jeppesen Airport and Parking Stands for LSGG).

LSGG uses two, lets say "Main TWYs" called "OUTER" and "INNER"  in front of the Terminals and also connections between these TWYs named "LINK 0 to LINK 5" and "LINK A, LINK D". So I named these as shown in the charts and in the Google Image in taxi mnt. Looks fine for me...But:

I I aked for txi to the rwy and/or gate, the ATC did not use/pronounce the word(s) "INNER" or "LINK", instead it spells them (INNER=India, November, November, Echo, Romeo). Did I missed something when editing the twy-names?

Any help and/or clarifiacation is highly apprecaited

THX

Frank

The program is expecting names like A or A1 or AA, etc.  So you need to avoid those names that have real english words for a name.

It is a limitation of the program, not something you did wrong.  This is on the list of enhancements for a future version.

Dave

Hello Dave,

First let me say Thank You for this great Program. As mentioned, I use it on every single flight together with the ATC-Chatter Extension and AWS Polly voices.

thanks for the information. So I will edit the twy inside the exported txl files and will use "O" for the Outer, "I" for the Inner and "L0-L5" and "LA" and "LD" for the Link taxiways. And will wait on the future version. Will you provide the enhancement in the Beta-Versions?

Frank