Sign in to follow this  
Guest jshyluk

Does FSX work with previous AI traffic and Traffic Mover?

I'm hesitating to make the jump to FSX because I put so much effort into my AI traffic. I also use AI Traffic Mover. Does FSX work with the previous AI's and Traffic Mover? Thanks

AITM probably won't work with FSX - I know Thomas never finished making it work fully with FS2004.AI aircraft and traffic files from FS2004 sort of work in FSX.You will have your schedules and AI aircraft flying.Parking works very differently and many of the best AI models have very small values so they end up parking with wings overlapping. The AIA B747's are especially bad.Almost no FS2004 AI aircraft have exits configured as FSX need for jetways and baggage loaders to work. John Goodwin has done some excellent work on finding these necessary settings - http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/...ts.asp?TID=2962Currently there is not a traffic file compiler which creates completely compatible FSX traffic files except Microsoft's TDBB.The result is that FSX default traffic, including GA, disappears when TrafficTools compiled traffic files have aircraft at the same airport. Any one airport in the Active AI Zone in both traffic files means no default GA traffic at any airport in the active AI zone.There are a couple people working on this and I have decompiled the FSX default GA traffic and recompiled it with Traffic Tools.These files still need a lot of work because the default C-172 still flies into some of the very busy major commercial airports.http://www.flightsim2004-fanatics.com/uplo...A/Def_GA_DL.htmThere is not a good graphical tool yet to replace AFCAD - but a couple promising things are in the works - and several updated airports done with FSX compliant XML code are available for download.Some installers will not recognize FSX to install AI traffic.I would recommend you not remove FS2004, and use it for working site / folder / update and then copy the files over to FSX.One vital program not yet ready for FSX - it is in beta testing - is EditVoicePackBut you can copy the USEnglishBig.gvp file and airlines.cfg from FS2004 to FSX and have all the aircraft and airline names you did in FS2004. They do go in different folders in FSX - the USEnglishBig.gvp is not in Sound but in Sound/ATC in FSX.The airlines.cfg is not in the Aircraft folder in FSX, but in the root folder with the FSX.exe.Aircraft can be put in any folder, though the default in FSX is SimObjects/AirplanesMany people find it wonderful to be able to set a folder for only AI aircraft - you just need to edit the FSX.cfg to add a new folder name.I use SimObjectsFS9_AI_AircraftOne thing which FSX cannot handle is duplicate aircraft titles in the title= line of the aircraft.cfg fltsim.x section.This was an issue in FS2004, but FS would allow it - it would just usually pick the wrong aircraft for the AI flight - as per Murphy's Law.

>Almost no FS2004 AI aircraft have exits configured as FSX need>for jetways and baggage loaders to work. John Goodwin has done>some excellent work on finding these necessary settings ->http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/...ts.asp?TID=2962>A ha! I found that information some time ago and since lost it.Thank you for "re-finding" it for me!RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest jshyluk

This is a really good thread topic, with some great answers! I am writing a review on AirNav's FS Live Traffic X, which is payware (although they do have a downloadable demo). My old computer sadly died a couple of weeks before I got FSX, so I made a complete break from FS9. I also had some pretty extensive AI setups in FS9, but I am not going back. My review probably won't be out right away, but if you are interested in payware solutions to FSX AI traffic issues, you can certainly investigate what the third-party developers have for sale. It seems to me unfortunate that developers are having so much difficulty with FSX, but if anyone can solve the puzzle of quality freeware add-ons, it's going to be this generation of freeware dev's. Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer