Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

P3Dv5.3 Flood Lights Step Appearance

Not sure how to explain this but I just updated from 5.1 to 5.3 and everything is looking fine. Only strange thing I noticed so far the flood lights at FB Denver. When I pan around the light effect is like steps in the light outline. If you look above the red line I made you can see how the lights are displaying a step effect. It's not like that on the ground, just on the buildings. I made a sample video here. I'm not using Enhanced Atmospheric.

spacer.png  

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Just now, okupton said:

agree that is strange.  Have you posted over on Flightbeam's forum?

Not yet. I need to test other airports to see if it's a P3D issue or FlightBeam. 

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Well it was fine landing at LAX so it must be a FlightBeam KDEN issue. 

Dan

2 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Not yet. I need to test other airports to see if it's a P3D issue or FlightBeam. 

I've had that issue with P3D v5.2, usually because at the edge of my camera the lighting was cutting too early. Like how with FSX when shadows would disappear if you just ever so slightly move your camera so that it's on the edge.

I wasn't entirely sure how to fix it, at least for the lighting you'd increase the MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS and MAX_POINTS_LIGHTS value to something like 2000 or 4000 in the .CFG, and I haven't seen the issue flare up although I haven't done any thorough testing on it.

From what I remember, if shadows and such are cut too early, it's probably something wrong with the model itself, like their LOD radius is too low. I'm not even entirely sure if this is even the same issue to be honest, as it is the first time I've seen it happen. I'd just clear my shader cache and change those values in the .CFG and see if it happens again, if it does it's probably an issue with the objects or just the engine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arwasairl said:

I've had that issue with P3D v5.2, usually because at the edge of my camera the lighting was cutting too early. Like how with FSX when shadows would disappear if you just ever so slightly move your camera so that it's on the edge.

I wasn't entirely sure how to fix it, at least for the lighting you'd increase the MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS and MAX_POINTS_LIGHTS value to something like 2000 or 4000 in the .CFG, and I haven't seen the issue flare up although I haven't done any thorough testing on it.

From what I remember, if shadows and such are cut too early, it's probably something wrong with the model itself, like their LOD radius is too low. I'm not even entirely sure if this is even the same issue to be honest, as it is the first time I've seen it happen. I'd just clear my shader cache and change those values in the .CFG and see if it happens again, if it does it's probably an issue with the objects or just the engine.

Thanks for the tip, I have mine already at MAX_POINT_LIGHTS=800 and MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS=700 but I will try different values. 

Dan

On 12/4/2021 at 12:19 AM, Wise87 said:

Thanks for the tip, I have mine already at MAX_POINT_LIGHTS=800 and MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS=700 but I will try different values. 

I am seeing the same thing at KDEN.  Were you able to resolve?

Orman

21 minutes ago, okupton said:

I am seeing the same thing at KDEN.  Were you able to resolve?

Not yet. I rolled back to 5.2 for now until they fix some of the bugs. 

• Upvote 1

Dan

I had this issue. The effects files need to be updated. If you have nzaa or lfbo you can copy, rename and replace the affected files with those if I remember correctly. There is a user post in their forum somewhere that details the workaround.

Found the thread.

https://forum.flightbeam.net/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4084&p=23897#p23897

Edited by Papacoach
  • Like 2

P3Dv5.4 / Win11: 22H2 / CPU: 10980K at 5.0GHz / Memory: 32Gb at 3600 MHz / GPU:  RTX 3090 / Display: Benq x3000i pj on Silver Ticket 110" screen