Sign in to follow this  
MOD_FLYER

INSTALLATION PROBLEM AIG

Hi!, All captains and first officers for last few days I have been trying to install the AIG MOD and there are couple of videos there are quite nicely explained but problem is when I need to log onto two WEBSITES for the installation, one of AIG forum and one is this AVSIM forum. Logging onto AIG forum is no problem but when I want to log in to avsim I can not get trough there are two problems one is when I click from the INSTALLATION screen for AVSIM one small screen comes on with some error massages saying scripts error along with some URLs and an other one is when the AVSIM library page pops and I put my user name password the massage comes password is wrong and another line says "your account for forum only you need separate account for library and it is confusing to me because now I'm logged in I can go to AVSIM library and can search for files and download them. So if anybody can tell me do I really need to create another account for AVSIM library during the installation of AIG software because AIG wants download libraries. About the "scripts error" massage, in the tutorial it says that to keep pressing the yes button until it disappears then you can log in but in my case it does not work like this, it does disappears after clicking several times but when I put my logging details and click log in button the "scripts error" screen pops up and I start  clicking the yes button again until it goes away and when it's gone again at the same time the AVSIM logging screen becomes empty ask me again enter my log in details to log so this process keeps looping so I could not finish the installation. If anybody have some experience or suggestions then please share it here. Thanks with regards

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MOD_FLYER said:

Hi!, All captains and first officers for last few days I have been trying to install the AIG MOD and there are couple of videos there are quite nicely explained but problem is when I need to log onto two WEBSITES for the installation, one of AIG forum and one is this AVSIM forum. Logging onto AIG forum is no problem but when I want to log in to avsim I can not get trough there are two problems one is when I click from the INSTALLATION screen for AVSIM one small screen comes on with some error massages saying scripts error along with some URLs and an other one is when the AVSIM library page pops and I put my user name password the massage comes password is wrong and another line says "your account for forum only you need separate account for library and it is confusing to me because now I'm logged in I can go to AVSIM library and can search for files and download them. So if anybody can tell me do I really need to create another account for AVSIM library during the installation of AIG software because AIG wants download libraries. About the "scripts error" massage, in the tutorial it says that to keep pressing the yes button until it disappears then you can log in but in my case it does not work like this, it does disappears after clicking several times but when I put my logging details and click log in button the "scripts error" screen pops up and I start  clicking the yes button again until it goes away and when it's gone again at the same time the AVSIM logging screen becomes empty ask me again enter my log in details to log so this process keeps looping so I could not finish the installation. If anybody have some experience or suggestions then please share it here. Thanks with regards

Hi;

Ignore all script errors and say YES to all. Additionally, Avsim Forum login is different from Avsim Library Login.You need to register the library seperately but you can still use the same credentials if you want. 

I think these will help you which were my problems. But, if you apply these and could not solve, that is something else.

Additional note; if you are using regional settings other than English or US, you must change it to one of these, to avoid many problems. (I faced too much problem with this and solved by changing the regional settings.)

Good Luck.

Edited by kt069
  • Like 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

Yep as above your avsim account is separate to the library

Thomas Derbyshire

4 hours ago, kt069 said:

Hi;

Ignore all script errors and say YES to all. Additionally, Avsim Forum login is different from Avsim Library Login.You need to register the library seperately but you can still use the same credentials if you want. 

I think these will help you which were my problems. But, if you apply these and could not solve, that is something else.

Additional note; if you are using regional settings other than English or US, you must change it to one of these, to avoid many problems. (I faced too much problem with this and solved by changing the regional settings.)

Good Luck.

Hi!, Thank you very much for your reply. I have created a different account for avsim library. Regards

3 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Yep as above your avsim account is separate to the library

Thank you for your reply. I have a separate  AVSIM library account .Regards 

Hi All. Sorry to hijack this topic but how did you go through all the verification questions on the aig site regarding the account?

I’ve tried now for many hours the last couple of days but I’m always stuck on the manufacturer’s question where’s it asked for 2 or 3 letters.

I know the manufacturer for the specific question but wondering which 2 or 3 letters they want from it.

I have no clue what they mean with that. I’ve tried all combinations like AIR, AI, BOE, BO,…

But it always fails on that. Can someone guideline me on this or give a hint?

Thx and grt

Festijn

Edited by Festijn