Sign in to follow this  
atc81

GEP3D and UTX with P3Dv5.3

Sorry if this has been answered but in my search I couldn't find any recent posts concerning the use of those products with 5.3. Is there any need/advantage for these to be installed on a "virgin" v5.3 install with a new SSD? I am not interested in buying ORBX products, just want to know your thoughts on those two products. Thanks!

Bill

I'm struggling to understand the question...Is the question "are they worth it?"

I had the products for earlier versions of P3D but have since abandoned them for the ORBX suite of products. UTX/GEP are far superior to default and well worth the price IMO.

I think ORBX is much better personally, but if you aren't interested in that then I would say UTX/GEP are worth the price. 

That being said, I have no idea if they work in v5. 

26 minutes ago, DChockey08 said:

I'm struggling to understand the question...Is the question "are they worth it?"

I had the products for earlier versions of P3D but have since abandoned them for the ORBX suite of products. UTX/GEP are far superior to default and well worth the price IMO.

I think ORBX is much better personally, but if you aren't interested in that then I would say UTX/GEP are worth the price. 

That being said, I have no idea if they work in v5. 

Sorry, I guess I was a bit unclear in looking at it again! I own GEP3D and all UTX regions. I was asking if there is still a reason to install both in 5.3? It seems to me that they may have been rendered obsolete with v5.3 but was asking if anyone still uses it.

Bill

35 minutes ago, atc81 said:

I was asking if there is still a reason to install both in 5.3?

Yes as far as Ultimate Terrain X is concerned. I have Europe, North America and Caribbean and Central America. Just disable the airport entries for each as that data is much older than P3Dv5.

More detailed coastlines, rivers, roads etc and no impact on performance. A version with a v5 installer is available from Flight One.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather