Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aidanlegras

What is Tomato Shader

Hi All,

I have looked everywhere without success to try to find a clear explanation of what tomato shader is? There is a million explanations as to how to install it on P3D but given that I fly in VR only and am not that interested in taking a massive performance hit for an eye candy tweak, I would like to know more about it and whether it may be worth having a look at.

Does anyone have a good layperson's explanation. FWIW, I am referring to FS Labs A320 with P3D V5.3 with a high end rig in VR.

Shaders are routines that colour the texture bits that make up the picture you see when flying.

Tomato Shade is one of several options to add your own coloring options to the sim.

You can make greens greener, increase haze, change sunsets etc

If coloring is your thing.. go for it.  If not, do not install it. 😉

Bert

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.