Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

VR to 2D to VR Procedure

Hi,

Can you confirm the correct procedure for switching between 2D and VR?

Program works great in VR but I have a few issues with getting the FS2Crew to kick back in when switching back to VR

ie>> Currently in Cruise in 2D "Voice command assist"  You have control... when I go back into VR nothing happens when I open the dialog box.  Sometime (random) If I kill all commands it works. Other times nothing... I can still hear background announcement .. ie Prepare cabin for arrival etc... but I cannot interact with voice.

Thanks

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

46 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Hi,

Can you confirm the correct procedure for switching between 2D and VR?

Program works great in VR but I have a few issues with getting the FS2Crew to kick back in when switching back to VR

ie>> Currently in Cruise in 2D "Voice command assist"  You have control... when I go back into VR nothing happens when I open the dialog box.  Sometime (random) If I kill all commands it works. Other times nothing... I can still hear background announcement .. ie Prepare cabin for arrival etc... but I cannot interact with voice.

Thanks

If you look in the LOG in the INFO CENTER, are any voice commands still be being detected?

18 minutes ago, byork said:

If you look in the LOG in the INFO CENTER, are any voice commands still be being detected?

The info screen  screen in blank (nothing showing expect the icons at the bottom)

Roger,,, The last entry in the log is " Executing FO's command: (FO_CMD_YOU_HAVE_CONTROL)

I was wondering if it has anything to do with the HP G2 VR headset going into sleep mode? I am using the mic  in the headset.  I always 'wake up" the headset before going back into VR

5 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

I was wondering if it has anything to do with the HP G2 VR headset going into sleep mode? I am using the mic  in the headset.  I always 'wake up" the headset before going back into VR

That sounds very plausible.

You can test that theory by making voice commands, then re-checking the Log to see if they were detected or looking at the last speech recognized field.

If nothing was detected, then you know it's your mic.

Is there a setting to prevent it from going to sleep?

I will do some testing... There is a setting in Windows but its not recommended to disable as it may cause burn in  with the VR lens

Looks like the VR headset mic is this issue... If you "wake up" the headset before entering VR its fine.  If you just use the Ctrl + Tab before "waking up the headset"  then it does not work