Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy Baron

Tuning radios in default A321 in VC

I cannot tune the nav freqs in the default A321...I can only tune the decimal frequencies.... there is no clickspot for the whole numbers.In the center console view in the VC, none of my buttons can be interacted with....but in normal VC view I can move stuff....what's up?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I cannot tune the nav freqs in the default A321...>>I can only tune the decimal frequencies.... there is no>clickspot for the whole numbers.>>In the center console view in the VC, none of my buttons can>be interacted with....but in normal VC view I can move>stuff....what's up?The clickspots are there but it's just that the areas are too small and they tend to become distorted in the VC depending on your viewpoint.Also, when using a cmaera view, if you are too far awayfrom the control(s), they won't operate. You need to move closer. This is pretty easy to do if you haveTrackIR4.I have corrected this in my default A321 ( and several other default AC ) by editing the XML gauge files. I increased the size of the mouse areas as well as repositioned them.Instead of the inner ring and outer ring approach, which does NOT work well in the VC, I instead opted for an upper and lower and right, left orientation for the clickspots.I can now tune the radios with ease. I use TrackIR4 and found that it is easier to adjust various VC controls,even with the larger clickspots, by momentatily pausing TIR4. I have my X45 throttle programmed to have the pause and recenter functions available at the clickof a switch.Another useful approach is to use the camera definition features to create a viewpoint that is more squared off with the controls you are adjusting.Again, on my X45 stick, I have mapped my #2 hat to allowme to instantly move from pilot to right seat to overheadpanel to center console views. The "HotkeySelect=" parameter, along with the mapping of the key selected inthe control assignment, menu and programming the X45 withthe key allow this type of "move about the cockpit" functionality.See below for my 3 added camera definitions and a snippetof my popup_radio.xml code nmodifications. PaulHere are just the area definition portions of the tuning knobcode that I modified. //--------------------------------------------------------------- 140.000,15.00085,900.000,46.00042,45//--------------------------------------------------------------- 43.000,46.00042,45//--------------------------------------------------------------- 43.000,0.00042,45//--------------------------------------------------------------- 0.000,0.00042,45=== here are my A321 camera definitions ======= The HotkeySelect= 5, 6, and 7 are defined in the controls menu ===== I use Shift+F9, Shift+F10 & Shift+F7 respectivively ====== F9 is the default "left seat" view. All 4 of these keys ====== are programmed to my #2 hat switch ======NOTE: These x,y,z positions are for where my TrackIR4 === head location is and will need to be adjusted for non-TIR4 use ===[CameraDefinition.001]Title = "Right Seat"Guid = {8ff6c134-098d-409f-baec-caba3f683f98}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YESSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = .7SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=1.35, 0.0, 0.0InitialPbh=2, 0, 0HotKeySelect=5[CameraDefinition.002]Title = "Center Console"Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-2E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NoneSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.9SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0.55, 0.50, -0.2InitialPbh=55, 0, 0HotKeySelect=6[CameraDefinition.003]Title = "Overhead Panel"Guid = {4ca337db-ae88-4c5f-96ea-ddebbd2a86fe}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NoneSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.8SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0.55, -0.58, -0.21InitialPbh=-58.0, 0, 0HotKeySelect=7

I found a fix to make the the A321 center console clickable. It seems the viewpoint is just slightly above the cockpit ceiling.Fix:In the A321 aircraft.cfg, under CameraDefinition.002, change InitialXyz=0.65, 0.50, -0.2to InitialXyz=0.65, 0.45, -0.2I still have problem with the default clickspots so I started to change according to Gypsy Barons suggestion, thanks./Mats