Sign in to follow this  
FGrabi

p2atc - EGKK - Taxiroute to active runway not calculated

Hello,

I "customized" the taxiways and gates for EGKK (freeware from flightsim.to - a must have) within p2atc. When I check in taxi mnt the routes from "Gate to Runway" and from "Runway to Gate", everything looks fine, the little "needles" showing the corrcet (shortest?) routes.

After loading MSFS (A32NX FBW) in C&D at a gate in EGKK, creating and loading a flightplan in MSFS and p2atc, I asked the controller for taxi to the active runway. Controller will not giving me an calculated route, he only advise me to "taxi to runway XX".

Any idea whate can cause this unexpected behaviour?
If needed, I can send the exports from taxi mnt for the taxiways and gates (Gates assigned to "my" airlines)

Im using the actual p2atc beta d

Thanx

Frank

A couple of things can cause this.  

If you are right near the runway and there aren't any taxiways between you and the runway, it will just say to taxi to Rwy xx.

The Second and more likely scenario is if it can't calculate the taxi route for any of several problems.

• A break in the taxiways whereby there is not a good continuous route to the runway
  • Names are missing from taxi paths such that no taxiway names are available;  All usable taxiPaths must have a name
  • Runway names are not entered correctly and therefore no routing can be done
  • Hold Short points are misplaced and not the last taxi point before the runway

If you save the taxiway file and email to admin@ptatc.com, I can have a look at it to see if I can spot the problem.

Let me know where you are leaving from and what runway you are trying to taxi to.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I checked the possible causes from the second scenario and really found two "crazy" taxiways going from waypoints in the middle from a taxiway to waypoints on runways. After deleting this it worked as expected. Thanks for your fast support!

Hello

I'm a new user of Pilot2ATC and I have two problems for now, one for this topic:

1. I did TaxiMnt for the EDDM airport (source flightsim.to), but I still don't manage to create a taxi routing to the runway (Button Taxi). I loaded a Simbrief flightplan, gate 902, Runway 26R

2. Another Topic: After ActivePause in MSFS the plane stucks in the map. I reconnect and the position is updated but the plane stucks again.

Thank you

Simon

1.  I don't know what you mean by using flightsim.to as source for TaxiMnt.   If importing from MSFS, you must run MakeRwys to create files that P2A can read first.  Then do the import against the output from MakeRwys.  Also, you only get taxi routes from the aircraft location to the runway specified in P2A as the departure runway.  You must be connected to the SIM and have your flight plan filed and clearance give before requesting taxi.  

2. Pausing the SIM freezes the plane location.  When you un-pause the SIM and the plane starts moving again, it should move again in P2A.  If you have the "Center on Aircraft" button in P2A pressed, the plane will stay in the middle of the map while the map moves around it. 

Dave,

thank you for your answer:
I imported the taxiways and gates from the internet source flightsim.to for EDDM and also EDDS, which I imported to P2A. I filed the flp produced via simbrief. But again a message "Taxi route was not calculated". How can I specify the runway?

Thanx
Simon

I assume you used the Load, not Import function of taxiMnt.  The files on FlightSim.to are the saved taxiway and gate files.

Before a taxi route is calculated, you must request Taxi from Ground control.  If you press the Taxi button before that, or if no taxi route could be calculated, then you will get that message.  I suspect you just need to request taxi then it will work.

Dave