Sign in to follow this  
olderndirt

Nostalgia

A flight I made many times over my Alaskan years.  From 'Ophir' (an old gold mining spot on the Innoko river, now part of the 'Iditarod Trail') to McGrath (where I worked for the FAA) - learned to fly there back in the low sixties.

The Ophir strip is 1940ft long - handles an oil tanker C46 and is about 38 west of McGrath.spacer.png

Mt Takotna, about half way - used to host 'Tatalina AFS', a GCI site.  The radar's still turning.spacer.png

McGrath - on the Kuskokwim river where the Takotna river joins.  Alaska Air flew 727's in here before VASI and Wien flew 737's.  Now it's regional turboprops.spacer.png

Edited by olderndirt
  • Like 3

Great shots!

You better scrape the mud off those tires when you land....probably adding a few pounds and surely some drag to your machine. 😉 

And BTW....since mud is just wet dirt...and you're "olderndirt"...be careful not to harm any of your possible relatives when you go scraping that mud off. 🤣

Edited by Steve Dra
grammar

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg