Sign in to follow this  
shermank

Can I get clouds all the way down to ground level?

Hi all,

I am happy with P3D performance overall, but for some reason I cannot get total clouds as they would appear in real life. As I type this on a cloudy overcast morning in Northern IL, it is completely cloudy.

But, this is what I am seeing in the sim. Software includes P3D v5.3 with latest hotfix, EA, VC OFF, ENVSHADE, ENVTEX, ASCA.

No matter how I set clouds in AS or P3D, I still see horizon light. Is this fixable. BTW, I am posting two pix, the first with VC ON, the second VC OFF. Thanks for suggestions.

Sherm

Nd8S2ox.jpg

UlOrffF.jpg

The only thing I can think of, as a possibility is;

P3D menu at top - Options/graphics/world/ - bottom right box, scrolled all the way down - "cloud coverage density" = maximum.

That can go unnoticed because it can require one to pull the scroll bar down to see the hidden setting

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

22 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

The only thing I can think of, as a possibility is;

P3D menu at top - Options/graphics/world/ - bottom right box, scrolled all the way down - "cloud coverage density" = maximum.

That can go unnoticed because it can require one to pull the scroll bar down to see the hidden setting

Thanks Jim, that has been my setting all along, but it does not cure the issue. Coincidentally, someone else has raised this same question recently on the TOGA forum. Perhaps Maxime, who created EnvShade and its sibling programs, can come up with an answer.

Sherm

One quick note....I had forgotten that I left P3D on all night long, even when I put my computer into hibernation after finishing using it yesterday. So, when I booted up this morning, and had not touched a thing, with all the same programs running, this is what I saw with the weather...

This is exactly what I was looking for in weather depiction.

HVVwJrM.jpg

weather fronts do have a beginning and an end.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

30 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

weather fronts do have a beginning and an end.

True, which what happened. The time stamp on AS matched my system time, which is what I would have expected after waking up from hibernation 

sherm

On 12/28/2021 at 3:03 PM, shermank said:

One quick note....I had forgotten that I left P3D on all night long, even when I put my computer into hibernation after finishing using it yesterday. So, when I booted up this morning, and had not touched a thing, with all the same programs running, this is what I saw with the weather...

This is exactly what I was looking for in weather depiction.

I remember that Damian from HIFI mentioned in their forum that within EA it takes some time span that the weather and clouds are build. At least you now know, that you just have to startup your SIM just a day before you want to fly. 😜

• Upvote 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

55 minutes ago, BerndB said:

I remember that Damian from HIFI mentioned in their forum that within EA it takes some time span that the weather and clouds are build. At least you now know, that you just have to startup your SIM just a day before you want to fly. 😜

Exactly..🥸😎😂

Sherm

I'm amazed the sim ran that long and you didn't encounter the crazy stutter/freeze bug!

Fortunately, I never get a freeze or stutter...which surprises me because my specs are rather nominal. 

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Micro-Star International Co. Ltd.
Model    Z490-A PRO (MS-7C75) (U3E1)

Nvidia  1660ti GPU  with 6g ram

Intel Core i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz

nothing OC

Sherm