Sign in to follow this  
kerke

Overland aircraft - how good?

I have been seeing quite a large number of repaints of Overland aircraft in the library lately. I just wondered how good these aircraft are and whether they are worth purchasing, especially as I don't think they come with panels? Do they work in FSX?Any opinions would be welcome.Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guest yarvelling

The Overland aircraft have some THE best models seen yet! They look absolutely realistic externaly, and with a good repaint (those you've seen recently from Tom Collins are superb!) they look photo-realistic! They DO come with panels; nice 2d bitmaps, and well modelled 3d VC's, however, they are not of the Level D, PMDG level for for the perfectionist! They offer a little more functionality than the defaults, but are kept fairly simple so that pretty much anyone can fly 'em! The fact that with the Airbuses they have the 'push/pull' modes simulated on the speed, heading, etc controls does make them seem more realistic. The FD also seems about where one expect it to be; the heavies don't handle like F-16's, but also don't feel like canal barges either! Not being a pilot it's hard to judge, but overall, a fantastic model, nice VC, and a well behaved airoplane makes for a good purchase....

Guest jshyluk

Overland's "Fly Into The Sky! World Airlines" was featured in one of my product reviews. Here is the link:http://www.avsim.com/pages/0706/WA/WA.htmThe planes are the most beautiful exterior MSFS models I have ever seen, with absolutely gorgeous textures (except for a couple of mistakes). I would almost hesistate to go for repainting any of these aircraft -- would you "upgrade" the Mona Lisa? The artwork that went into these aircraft is just that good. Years ahead of its time. I had a lot of problems with the A380, but their customer service is eager to help. Although to fly the aircraft, you need about the same skill level as the default MSFS jets, you get a lot of different jets included in the package. Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer