Sign in to follow this  
jozeff

Is radar contact 4 for xp11 still worth it in 2022 ?

Hi guys,

Looking for a good atc solution. Tried pilot2atc  and liked it but it's pretty expensive.  I used rc4 in fsx recently and scratched the surface of its possibilities   I understand that I have to buy a 25 euro  plug-in for it to get it working in xplane11.  Is it worth the hassle and the price.

I this question has probably been answered somewhere before but since it's 2022 and rc4 is pretty old I have to ask you guys for some help.

Cheers!

Jozeff

Edited by jozeff

I don’t have XP but I’ve been using RC4 for 15 years in FSX and P3D and earlier versions for close to 20 years.

The fact that it’s still used by many for such an old product tells you everything about its quality. I don’t think you’ll regret paying for the plug-in.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ok, Thanks a lot mr Proudfoot,

Is rc4 still accurate after being available for so long. I mean, does it get its information from itself or from the simulator?

I have tried it in p3d recently but since I'm completely new to atc in general I cannot judge it properly. Have tried pilot2atc and must say it looked pretty good to me but daunting as a beginner.

Thanks again,

Cheers

Jozeff

@jozeff, I can only speak for how it works for P3D. It uses Makerwys.exe by Pete and John Dowson which reads all the BGL Files - those contain runway, airport, VOR and NDB data and creates files for RC4.

I imagine the XP Plugin does something similar.

There is a learning curve with RC4 but tutorials are provided to help you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'd be interested to know how rc4 gets its information that holds the navigation dat in xplane11. The plug-in costs 25 euro and, although that is not much for a complete atc solution, I cannot find much info about the rc4toxplane and I'd really like to get confirmation that this actually works decently.

Does anyone know?

Tnx!

Jozeff

Edited by jozeff

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather