Sign in to follow this  
Rasta_Dude

Severe stutters with unknown cause

Sorry for not responding again, now it was the flu and I stayed in bed for a few days. Fortunately it was no Covid.

On 2/16/2022 at 7:32 AM, mpo910 said:

Yes. Wait but definitely report your finding over at LM Support Forum. 

Marcus

Thanks a lot, will do that, Marcus! It's always great to have someone who has a bit more insight into the development and testing process of P3D.

On 2/16/2022 at 3:14 PM, RobPol471 said:

Hi Adrian,

If you haven't done it, try in P3D - Options - World - Autogen and Scenery Draw distance to set it to Medium.

I had frequent stutters with Autogen on Very Hight who disappeared by switching to Hight while in the EFHK pay scenario I have to put Medium to make the stutters disappear.

Thanks for the tip, RobPol471! I always used only the Medium setting for the Draw Distance. Maybe that's also the reason why I got only small stutters in default EFHK in comparison to custom scenery areas.

You can see my P3D settings here: https://imgur.com/a/m30aARH (since I've taken the picture I only turned off 'Bathymetry' and reduced the Water quality a bit)

On 2/17/2022 at 10:45 PM, mspencer said:

Are there any real clues on this out there? It appears 5.3 is the culprit.

I'd like to mention again that I'm pretty sure I experience this issue since P3D v5.1 HF1. It started around June/July 2021 for me. I completely skipped the P3D v5.2 versions.

On 2/19/2022 at 3:30 AM, okupton said:

I was having stutters and removed envtex/envshade and reinstalled the prepar3d client installer.  That fixed the stutters for me.

Haven't tried this yet. I only disabled the Add-Ons itself (add-on.xml) with Lorby's Addon Organizer but I think I didn't uninstall Envtex/Envshade. I will try this out, thank you very much!

Thanks to everybody!

Kind regards

Adrian

Edited by Rasta_Dude
  • Upvote 1

Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming Mainboard
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (no OC)
Zotac Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 AMP! Edition (8 GB VRAM)
Kingston SK Hynix 64 GB DDR4 RAM (4 x 16 GB)
Samsung 970 EVO 2 TB NVMe SSD

Just wanted to add here that uninstalling Envtex/Envshade unfortunately did not solve the issue for me. I disabled AND uninstalled it this time.

So I just wait until a new P3D update comes out and see what they've fixed.

Thanks again to everyone here!

Kind regards

Adrian

Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming Mainboard
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (no OC)
Zotac Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 AMP! Edition (8 GB VRAM)
Kingston SK Hynix 64 GB DDR4 RAM (4 x 16 GB)
Samsung 970 EVO 2 TB NVMe SSD

I was experiencing the same issue in P3D v.4.5; finally found the issue - seems as though P3D saves some sort of flight file automatically.  I had turned on 'auto-save' in FSUIPC thinking that app would automatically save changes to any settings made in FSUIPC automatically.  Turns out - P3D was auto-saving the 'flight file' which was causing the annoying stutter.  So, the stutter I was experiencing within my hardware setup at least, has been solved!

Hi,

I had a similar behaviour as soon as I injected Ai planes with vPilot. My system, which ran since many months smooth and stable, dropped down to the single FPS range. The solution was hard to find: an windows update forced the audio device in P3D back to the standard window audio device. I set this value back in P3D to the audio device I use and my frames with AI planes got back.

So check your audio device in P3D and set it explicitely to the device you want to use - not to Windos standard.

Rgds
Reinhard