Sign in to follow this  
Whiskey7

Milviz_FG1D impossible to achieve cruise trim

I have tried everything and I'm unable to achieve a descent cruise trim at any speed. I can set the trim to climb at 2000fpm and even 3000 fpm. But once I try to level off the oscillation is horrible. The slight touch to the yoke or trim and it skyrockets.

My controls are calibrated and can I can trim every other aircraft I have.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Hi Whiskey,

I have the same problem. as you have. To be able to fly straight and level. I Trim as best as I can, this means not too much up and not too much down but I can never make it zero. To do that I use the yoke and try to maintain the top of the dashboard close to the horizon line then I am able to fly plus minus level.

I have also a problem that every time I land if I need rudder input for crosswind, my wings will dip to the ground, I don't think it is very realistic. It cann be that my sensistivity settings for rudder pedals are set too high I don't know.

On 1/12/2022 at 11:21 PM, Whiskey7 said:

I have tried everything and I'm unable to achieve a descent cruise trim at any speed. I can set the trim to climb at 2000fpm and even 3000 fpm. But once I try to level off the oscillation is horrible. The slight touch to the yoke or trim and it skyrockets.

My controls are calibrated and can I can trim every other aircraft I have.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Have you tried just the trim controls in the VC? Seems like I remember a comment that some hardware was incrementing the trims too much.

Steve 'Slayer' McNitt
Quality Assurance
spacer.png