Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Flight Plan Locations in World Map No Longer Remembered

Ever since the recent update fix, the World Map/flight planner is no longer remembering the location of my flight plan files.  It defaults to its own location.  I can still navigate to my folder, but its a pain to do this every time:

Their built-in path: D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-2610037304-2891976329-3409416837-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Flight Plans

Mine: D:\Flight\Flight Plans

Is this something that can be reset via a .cfg file entry?

Randall Rocke

Pretty sure it has always been that way.

What I did was to create a shortcut in the default folder that points to the folder I want to use (copy the folder you want use, then paste shortcut in the default folder). When I go to load a flight plan, it opens the dialogue in the default folder and I just double click the shortcut to go to my custom flight plan folder.

...jim

• Like 1

Intel i9 10900KF,  Nvidia 2080TI 11Gb, 64Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Actually, the only time I was sent to the default was back with the initial installation.  Back in the last year, after I navigated to my own folder and opened a flight plan, it always opened to my folder, remembering the last location... till now  Now, it returns to the default no matter what.

Your procedure is a good work-around.  I was going to make a shortcut to their default on my desktop so I could easily move flight pans into it prior to starting the sim, but I like the idea of still using my own location.

Randall Rocke